Game and Watch core

mrtomato

Re: Game and Watch core

Unread post by mrtomato »

Moondandy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:46 pm Thanks for the files Mr Tomato, what guide were you looking at?
I found that on GitHub page there is some html file to "port" games but, I am looking for clean way to convert roms from that pack that I posted to BIN files.

https://github.com/pcornier/GnW_MiSTer/ ... ster/tools

Also read me isn't completed yet for now how to use this, so core author posted one game that for now is playable by this core
Moondandy

Unread post by Moondandy »

Haven't seen any mention of this but Pierco released this core of Scramble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFq4X3c_DAc

https://github.com/pcornier/TomyScramble_MiSTer

Hopefully will be added to Main soon, would be the first real update in awhile.
Moondandy

rhester72

Unread post by rhester72 »

I assume there's no way to get it to display vertically on a horizontal HDMI display?
Moondandy

That sounds like a good feature request.
Milongero

Unread post by Milongero »

mrtomato wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:22 pm
Moondandy wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:12 pm Hopefully a kind person will make a pack of the compatible rom files, I had a quick look and couldn't find any roms.
I've donwloaded this romset https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ouABwh ... 86rko/view but games are in *.mgw format. I do not have any idea how to convert them to BIN.
Hello,

has anyone already converted the other games?

thx
mrtomato

Unread post by mrtomato »

Milongero wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:51 pm
mrtomato wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:22 pm
Moondandy wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:12 pm Hopefully a kind person will make a pack of the compatible rom files, I had a quick look and couldn't find any roms.
I've donwloaded this romset https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ouABwh ... 86rko/view but games are in *.mgw format. I do not have any idea how to convert them to BIN.
Hello,

has anyone already converted the other games?

thx
Probably no one, for now tutorial on Github page about roms generator isn't completed :(
Moondandy

Hopefully @pierco comes back, looking at his twitter he's been working on a Super Vision core. Be nice if some of the finished cores he has done make it into main.

https://twitter.com/pcornier
Pierco

Unread post by Pierco »

Yes, I'm sorry, I wanted to make a first release of the Supervision core before going back to G&W. I also worked on the HMCS44 MCU so I should be able to port some new VFD games to MiSTer soon.
KremlingKuthroat19

Unread post by KremlingKuthroat19 »

It might be an unpopular opinion @pierco, but I'm all for you finishing the Supervision core first then going back to the Game & Watch core. The reason is that MiSTer already has all four Game & Watch Galleries playable on the Game Boy cores which unlocks over half of the Game & Watch library. They're the definitive ways to play G&W imo and also come with modern versions of the games.

Supervision would be a cool core to add because I've never played it before, but I've played G&W to death lol. I'm not saying I don't want the G&W core, but the Supervision core would be a greater priority just in my opinion.
kathleen

Unread post by kathleen »

On my side, I agree with your opinion @KremlingKuthroat19 it is for me a valid point to say that some of the G&W games can be played vie the GB & GBA core till the G&W core will permit this. I would put also the priority on the Supervision core for the reasons you pointed out. So you have my vote also :-)
Moondandy

Thanks for the update! Supervision is a cool core to get, will need to get the games downloaded.

Are you going to add Scramble and Galaxy II to the main repo?
Pierco

Unread post by Pierco »

It's done, I added the two cores to the main repo.
WolfgangBlack

Unread post by WolfgangBlack »

Pierco wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:03 pm It's done, I added the two cores to the main repo.
Thanks!
Moondandy

Hey Pierco, did you manage to finish your Supervision core? Good to see you and Alan are making good progress on the Coco.
kathleen

@Moondandy, nice to hear that the Coco core is moving forward. Not the right section to discuss this but I hope that the ADCin will be taken into account as some program pack request audio input (like the Audio Spectrum Analyzer) and of course to also be able to load real tapes. Will see.
Moondandy

Might be worth you starting a new thread in the right section for Coco and popping a request in, can see if Alan and Pierre can get eyes on it. Also exciting is they are looking at coving some of the clones and cousins as well, so hope for a Dragon 32/64 core which I know at least one person will be very excited about.
kathleen

Moondandy wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:47 am Might be worth you starting a new thread in the right section for Coco and popping a request in, can see if Alan and Pierre can get eyes on it. Also exciting is they are looking at coving some of the clones and cousins as well, so hope for a Dragon 32/64 core which I know at least one person will be very excited about.
You're absolutely right, just need to figure out how to start this in a proper way, I'm use to answer to already existing threads and never created a new one by my own :-(.
Anyway, a Dragon 32/64 already exists and works pretty well.
Moondandy

Started a new thread in other computers section:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1418
kathleen

Thank you so much @Moondandy for having started it. You're much faster than me :-)