Intellivision Core? (INTV)

KremlingKuthroat19

Re: Intellivision Core? (INTV)

Unread post by KremlingKuthroat19 »

Yeah, the Intellivision core is one of the cores I'm most excited for. With the Intellivision Amico coming out in April this year, it'd be amazing for this core to launch around the same time, but no pressure on getting it done early :)
thorr

Unread post by thorr »

KremlingKuthroat19 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:48 am Yeah, the Intellivision core is one of the cores I'm most excited for. With the Intellivision Amico coming out in April this year, it'd be amazing for this core to launch around the same time, but no pressure on getting it done early :)
I never heard of that until your post. I just checked it out and it looks like the perfect blend of retro/classic and modern gaming. Very cool!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXVR5eV ... e=youtu.be
KremlingKuthroat19

thorr wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:32 am
KremlingKuthroat19 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:48 am Yeah, the Intellivision core is one of the cores I'm most excited for. With the Intellivision Amico coming out in April this year, it'd be amazing for this core to launch around the same time, but no pressure on getting it done early :)
I never heard of that until your post. I just checked it out and it looks like the perfect blend of retro/classic and modern gaming. Very cool!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXVR5eV ... e=youtu.be
Yeah man. It's mind boggling that Atari, Intellivision and KFC of all companies are releasing consoles this generation lmao even though I'm a millenial, it feels like the early 80s
kfreiberg

Unread post by kfreiberg »

KremlingKuthroat19 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:29 pm Yeah man. It's mind boggling that Atari, Intellivision and KFC of all companies are releasing consoles this generation lmao even though I'm a millenial, it feels like the early 80s

You do realize that these "consoles" are not actually being released by the original companies/creators of Atari and Intellivision, correct? These are random people that bought up the rights to use the names to slap on mediocre hardware ideas to try to make a buck off of nostalgia.
KremlingKuthroat19

kfreiberg wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:23 pm
KremlingKuthroat19 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:29 pm Yeah man. It's mind boggling that Atari, Intellivision and KFC of all companies are releasing consoles this generation lmao even though I'm a millenial, it feels like the early 80s

You do realize that these "consoles" are not actually being released by the original companies/creators of Atari and Intellivision, correct? These are random people that bought up the rights to use the names to slap on mediocre hardware ideas to try to make a buck off of nostalgia.
Of course I know that. It doesn't make it any less novel. The Atari VCS is certainly a scummy console, but at least the Intellivision Amico has a lot of passion behind it. Tommy Tallarico is a huge fan of the original Intellivision. They have a vision, but the problem is that $249 price tag. Most people would rather buy a Switch for that price range. If they sold it at $100-150, then I could see it being successful.
kfreiberg

Unread post by kfreiberg »

To each their own. IMHO, I believe the Amico is just as slimy as the Atari VCS. Not as bad as the Coleco Chameleon, because I think both of these will actually come out with a product, but not a good product.
CafeClimber

Unread post by CafeClimber »

I'm fairly new to MiSTer and very pleased to find the Intv core! The Intellivision was my favorite console growing up. Very nice work!

Q: Is the latest core posted here? http://temlib.org/pub/mister/

It appears there have been updates since the January 1, 2020 core on that page. Would we need to somehow "compile" the source from GitHub to have the latest core version (https://github.com/Grabulosaure/Intv_MiSTer)? I expect I'm missing something.

Sorry for the newbie questions. Just excited to dig into this one and noticed some bugs in the Jan 2020 version (e.g., Auto Racing and AD&D lock up).

Thanks!
kathleen

Unread post by kathleen »

Oh nice to see some updates on this beloved core. Hope that @Grabulosaure will publish soon a compiled version. The 1st game that I owned and played a lot back in the days was Space Armada, unfortunately it freezes after a minute or so on the Jan. core. So really looking forward for an update as well.
tontonkaloun

Unread post by tontonkaloun »

CafeClimber wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:03 am I'm fairly new to MiSTer and very pleased to find the Intv core! The Intellivision was my favorite console growing up. Very nice work!

Q: Is the latest core posted here? http://temlib.org/pub/mister/

It appears there have been updates since the January 1, 2020 core on that page. Would we need to somehow "compile" the source from GitHub to have the latest core version (https://github.com/Grabulosaure/Intv_MiSTer)? I expect I'm missing something.

Sorry for the newbie questions. Just excited to dig into this one and noticed some bugs in the Jan 2020 version (e.g., Auto Racing and AD&D lock up).

Thanks!
Hello,

I have already tried, there are errors during compilation.
We will have to wait