Atari Lynx?

Televicious

Atari Lynx?

Unread post by Televicious »

There's a decent Lynx library. Has anyone looked into making the Atari Lynx core?

limi
Top Contributor

Re: Atari Lynx?

Unread post by limi »

Not at the moment. It’s definitely within the MiSTer’s capability, but nobody has stepped up to implement it so far. (Fan of the system myself, I have two of them :)
NightShadowPT

Unread post by NightShadowPT »

I would also very much like to see a Lynx core, but the fact that it seems to use a few proprietary chips will make it harder to develop (as opposed to reusing many of the chips already available in FPGA).

I am sure that at some point we'll see one. The MiSTer dev community is amazing and the Lynx is not such a niche system that will not get someone's attention at some point.

In the meantime, enjoy the other cores ;)
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

I'm also a big fan of the Lynx, I have three of them, one with a McWill display and one with an overclocking option. I have almost all commercially released games for it and also programmed a couple of small demos on it.

Although it uses custom chips, the audio is similar to Pokey and all graphics you see are drawn by the same sprite engine, which draws a linked list of sprites anywhere in memory (and also does scaling, skewing, tapering and run length compression decoding). By no means a simple project though.
Reed_Solomon

Unread post by Reed_Solomon »

An individual on twitter has expressed their intention that they've started working on an Atari Lynx core for MiSTer. Link
NightShadowPT

Unread post by NightShadowPT »

This is good news, although he also warns that he usually takes a long time to complete stuff. :)

Well, it's not like we don't have anything else to play with while we wait :D