Atari Lynx Core

Waifu4Life

Re: Atari Lynx Core

Unread post by Waifu4Life »

Shouldn't this core have it's own sub-forum now?
Thad

Unread post by Thad »

Is there any way to get it to automatically launch a specific ROM when you open it? I have the same rolling picture issue with this core that I do with several others; opening a game fixes it, so I'd like to have it automatically load a game at start. (The boot.rom doesn't do it.)
pgimeno
Top Contributor

Unread post by pgimeno »

In the GameBoy core I use boot1.rom for the BIOS and boot2.rom for the ROM to open, have you tried that?
Thad

Unread post by Thad »

pgimeno wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:03 pm In the GameBoy core I use boot1.rom for the BIOS and boot2.rom for the ROM to open, have you tried that?
Good news/bad news on that. The good news is, boot1.rom/boot2.rom works; the ROM loads at startup time. The bad news is, whatever was happening before that fixed my picture when a ROM got loaded, it isn't happening anymore; I assume a core update somewhere along the line broke it. Now no matter what ROM I load, I end up with a picture that's rolling, wavy, or misaligned. I've tried adjusting settings, includingV-sync and H-sync and 240p mode; no luck.

ETA: It's not limited to the Lynx core; I'm having problems with the picture across multiple cores. I'll see if I can figure out what happened.

ETA2: Fortunately, the solution turned out to be dead simple; I must have bumped the Sync on Green switch and turned it off. After I switched it back on, everything's working fine; the Lynx core loads a ROM (Electrocop) on boot and that fixes the rolling picture issue. Thanks for your help.