Mr. Spinner and Atari 2600

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
lomdar67

Mr. Spinner and Atari 2600

Unread post by lomdar67 »

I build my self a two player Spinner Controller from original Atari 2600 Paddles and two KY-040 encoder like described here: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Retro-C ... rollersUSB

As I don't have any real paddles, I disabled PADDLE_SUPPORT and enabled PADDLE_EMU.

As described here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=148&p=30884#p30884
MiSTer detects this controller and overlays it on top of any other existing controller. So you may use for example DualShock4 as your main controller and mr.Spinner which adds additionally spinner and paddle the the same player.

For Paddle games like Circus Atari or Astroblast this works very nicely. I can use the DualShock to got through the Mister menu and start the game and then use the Spinner and the Spinner button in the game.

Unfortunately I can't get this to work with real Spinner games like Indy 500. When I press the Spinner buttons nothing happens and the Spinner itself is not working at all. I it seems as if the core (or Mister) is not registering the Spinner at all.

Do I have to disable PADDLE_EMU in the Arduino Micro to use the Spinner as a real Spinner?

Best regards,
Michael
We raise hopes here...until they're old enough to fend for themselves.
--Mike Callahan