Place your virtual bets, PS1 or Saturn, which core will get released 1st?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
Murderface1982

Re: Place your virtual bets, PS1 or Saturn, which core will get released 1st?

Unread post by Murderface1982 »

I am really excited for both of these cores. My gut is telling me Saturn will be first, Might be time to sell off my entire collection... I thought we wouldn't see Saturn/PS for years, crazy how quick this is happening.
KremlingKuthroat19

Unread post by KremlingKuthroat19 »

Saturn is definitely coming first. Robert mentioned that his goal is to get 1 game playable on the PS1 core before the end of the year, w/out audio. srg320 has 3 games playable already (Earthworm Jim 2, Bug and Daytona USA) and all 3 w/ audio even though it’s already broken. Plus he has a 6-8 month head start. Srg320 Will most likely be first. Saturn probably in mid-2022 and PS1 in late 2022. Incredible efforts and massive kudos to both these geniuses!
city909

Unread post by city909 »

Mr. Encyclopedia wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:03 pm Hmmm, does srg320 have a weirdly antagonistic relationship with his overseas counterpart who is pushing their 32X core instead?

If that's the case, then when the 32X, Saturn, and Playstation cores all drop within 12 months of each other people will be confused about which one to get, until word of mouth about the Playstation core completely crushes all the competition.

Man, imagine a world where srg320 had made a Saturn core that also played 32X games out of the box, or even just a world where he and his partner had worked together instead of constantly butting heads about which hardware to recreate next. Maybe if the 32X core had been cancelled, and all their attention was focused instead on the Saturn core, they would have stood a better chance against Playstation and been in a better position when they launched their Dreamcast core. Oh well,
I cant help feel a Sega Neptune core would provide the exisiting Sega fans with a way to stay with the brand and provide the upgrade needed
immaburr

Unread post by immaburr »

wussbets.png
wussbets.png (980.81 KiB) Viewed 13886 times
Please delete if not allowed :lol:
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

I prefer that one core releases well before the other, so we have time to (re)explore the libraries :mrgreen: I don't mind which one comes first, both will be loved.