Fairchild Channel F

Torgo

Fairchild Channel F

Unread post by Torgo »

Wow, the Channel-F was my first console.
The biggest suck is that (I think) all of the games that support more than 1 player don't offer CPU opponents, because the hardware wasn't powerful enough to drive any kind of AI.
Still, it's a cool addition!
werpu

Re: Fairchild Channel F

Unread post by werpu »

Well it also had this kind of unique twist controller a concept later picked up by some arcade machines.
There is literally no controller on the market which can replicate the concept not sure how you can map this behavior.
Maybe with a controller and a paddle.
jlancaster86

Unread post by jlancaster86 »

Mapping the twist and push-pull to the right stick of a typical controller works well enough, but pairing a flight stick like the GRS Tron Stick with a push-pull spinner like the TurboTwist might be an adequate approximation.
KremlingKuthroat19

Unread post by KremlingKuthroat19 »

Just mapping the CW rotation to the right shoulder button and the CCW rotation to the left shoulder button works like a charm for me at least on any modern controller.
cathrynmataga

Unread post by cathrynmataga »

Is there a way to get original Atari 2600/8bit paddle controllers to work on Mister and with this core? I'm kind of a fan of Paddle games, actually, I think these would be better with the right controller.
cathrynmataga

Unread post by cathrynmataga »

I ordered this. No idea if it's gonig to work or not, but I can use it in retroarch on Windows if it doesn't work in Mister, I suppose.
http://www.2600-daptor.com/
TLPD-AVW

Unread post by TLPD-AVW »

I assume that analog video output is not finished for the Channel F core? The initial "G?" screen is extremely dark on my TV set.
ShyTalk

Unread post by ShyTalk »

Hi,

I've just been trying this core and I can get to the "G?" boot screen but then whenever I try to load a .bin file it looks like the system rests and just shows the "G?" screen again.

I'm guessing I've either got bad .bin files or I'm missing something with the bios files....? Do I need to call the bios anything in particular or does it need to go anywhere particular on the SD card?

Also, could anyone point me in the direction of any test .bin files that are known to work?

Thanks for any help!
lomdar67

Unread post by lomdar67 »

ShyTalk wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:53 am Hi,

I've just been trying this core and I can get to the "G?" boot screen but then whenever I try to load a .bin file it looks like the system rests and just shows the "G?" screen again.

I'm guessing I've either got bad .bin files or I'm missing something with the bios files....? Do I need to call the bios anything in particular or does it need to go anywhere particular on the SD card?

Also, could anyone point me in the direction of any test .bin files that are known to work?

Thanks for any help!
Same problem here. Build-in games work fine, but non of the roms seems to work. Is there a known good set of rom files?
Or is this only related to this problem here: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Channel ... r/issues/3
We raise hopes here...until they're old enough to fend for themselves.
--Mike Callahan
KremlingKuthroat19

Unread post by KremlingKuthroat19 »

The Channel F, VC 4000, and Emerson Arcadia 2001 are a bit finnicky. All these cores haven't received updates since their initial release.
djsquare

Unread post by djsquare »

Anyone have any recommendations for controller mappings for a PS5 controller? I'm having problems figuring out the best way to map buttons for this core