Arcade SegaSys1 and update script

grizzly

Arcade SegaSys1 and update script

Unread post by grizzly »

Updated mister today and got an error msg when it got to the new sega system 1 core.

Code: Select all

Checking Arcade-SEGASYS1
URL: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Arcade-SEGASYS1_MiSTer
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Nothing to update
Zanza911

Re: Arcade SegaSys1 and update script

Unread post by Zanza911 »

I got the same error!
Matsu

Unread post by Matsu »

Same thing happened here and had to manually install them.
Maybe there's a typo somewhere. Or there is some kind of conflict with the original mra files from Mister-X?
OriginalXOR

Unread post by OriginalXOR »

I had the same, but it's already been updated.

Just jump onto the github and grab 'Arcade-SEGASYS1_20201116.rbf', manually add this (it goes into the CORES folder) and delete the old one. Things should work fine after that.
Alkadian
Top Contributor

Unread post by Alkadian »

@OriginalXOR,
Thanks for sharing this!
dshadoff
Core Developer

Unread post by dshadoff »

It seems to be related to the trend in some tech industry players to consider certain words hurtful.

In this case, GitHub has changed the naming of the principle branch of repositories from ‘Master’ to ‘Main’... but only in newly-created repositories. This change appears to have been committed within the past few days.

The updater script apparently went looking for the ‘Master’ branch for all cores... which works for all cores except this one (at the moment). Hopefully this will be corrected soon.
Missingno255

Unread post by Missingno255 »

EDIT: Disregard this post. Since I can't delete my own posts. Can this post be trashed please? Thanks.
Locutus73
Core Developer

Unread post by Locutus73 »

I’ll correct the issue with the updater as soon as possible, this week end at the latest.

Locutus73
Zanza911

Unread post by Zanza911 »

Deleting this file "/media/fat/Scripts/.mister_updater/update_all.last_successful_run" and run again update_all.sh script did the trick!
DaniGMX

Unread post by DaniGMX »

Has anyone been able to correctly map buttons on the new SEGASYS1 core? I can't manage to start a game. I deleted old configs, but it seems that 'START 1P' keeps mapping as 'COIN' button.

EDIT: I managed to start the game pressing '1' on the keyboard, but I'm still unable to start a game by pressing the mapped button on the joystick.
Spookyy

Unread post by Spookyy »

Same mapping problem here.
zoopster

Unread post by zoopster »

Did System1 support vertical mode configuration for IO boards in an earlier release? I thought it did but might be wrong. On my TATE vertical CRT the games are upside down, which can be fixed via a menu option on the JT cores.
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

For anyone having mapping problems, make sure to get the latest mra files from the Github.
tankjr

Unread post by tankjr »

dshadoff wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:06 pm It seems to be related to the trend in some tech industry players to consider certain words hurtful.

In this case, GitHub has changed the naming of the principle branch of repositories from ‘Master’ to ‘Main’... but only in newly-created repositories. This change appears to have been committed within the past few days.

The updater script apparently went looking for the ‘Master’ branch for all cores... which works for all cores except this one (at the moment). Hopefully this will be corrected soon.
I know the master/slave terminology has been around forever in the computing world. But the “master” repository is like saying the “master” bedroom. In this context, there are no “slaves” per se. Master is simply synonymous with “principal” or “main.” I digress. I’ll keep this in mind when I update my MiSTer tonight.
WolfgangBlack

Unread post by WolfgangBlack »

dshadoff wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:06 pm It seems to be related to the trend in some tech industry players to consider certain words hurtful.

That's beyond retarded.
Honk honk!
Clown World!