Anyone working on a Namco System 1 core for MiSTer?

MouseboyFPGA

Anyone working on a Namco System 1 core for MiSTer?

Unread post by MouseboyFPGA »

Hey all,

Are there any dev's out there working on the Namco System 1 core?
And are is there much love for it amongst the forum members?
My favourite arcade game of all time is Pacmania and whilst it plays well on the MiniMig (Amiga) and Genesis cores, I'd LOVE to see it running on MiSTer on its own Arcade core. Contributing to the development of this seems well below my capability, but if there's any manual work I can help out a dev with to make this a reality, let me know!
killersquirel

Re: Anyone working on a Namco System 1 core for MiSTer?

Unread post by killersquirel »

I also would love to see a Namco System 1 core, but in the meantime check out Pacmania on the X68000 core. It runs amazing and is a blast to play.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

Jotego mentioned that the Namco System 1 also uses the HD63701 MCU, which he reimplemented in FPGA for his Double Dragon core. So at least that is out of the way.

https://twitter.com/topapate/status/1205762774003077120
birdybro~
DaveR

Unread post by DaveR »

I got the arcade board, done a little studdying... although in Mame, the board has CPU and Video board, there is a project over at Arcade Project by Darksoft where you replace the CPU board with this custom made one, it allows more then one game to be played. Wasn't sure what's going on with that project but it is fresh
XtraSmiley

Unread post by XtraSmiley »

DaveR wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:25 am I got the arcade board, done a little studdying... although in Mame, the board has CPU and Video board, there is a project over at Arcade Project by Darksoft where you replace the CPU board with this custom made one, it allows more then one game to be played. Wasn't sure what's going on with that project but it is fresh
That project lets you play all the Namco System 1 games on one PCB. Great to save money if you can source a cheap PCB and buy the kit, but overall, still close to $700-1000 when all said and done.

Much cheaper to get it via MiSTer if possible!