Street Fighter II Core Issue

liamd

Street Fighter II Core Issue

Unread post by liamd »

Hey folks, just wanted to see if anyone has had this same issue. I can't start both the Street Fighter II Champion Edition & World Warrior cores. They seem to load up, but I just get a black screen. I think the core is running, but there's nothing on screen at all. If I change the Scandoubler FX, there's a very brief flash on screen, then back to black. If I pause the core, the credits display fine. I've tried reloading each one multiple times, but so far have never got them to run successfully.

All other cores that I've tried seem to work fine, even SFII: Hyper Fighting. I have the 128mb ram expansion and am outputting via HDMI.

Anyone have an idea what could be causing that? Thanks!
CeeDeeVee

Re: Street Fighter II Core Issue

Unread post by CeeDeeVee »

Sounds like bad (or mismatched?) rom. Have you looked in file to check which rom you should be using?
Yorkshire fella, living in California, where no one understands a word I say unless it's a quote from Game of Thrones.
I do music, code and burn myself with soldering irons. Part dog, part wolf, all coffee addict.
liamd

Unread post by liamd »

I should have mentioned, the roms were installed using the update_all script, I didn't add them manually. But maybe something went wrong in the download for those files specifically? I'll see if I can replace those files, hopefully that will fix this. Thanks for the suggestion!
Mindtwist

Unread post by Mindtwist »

maybe check if "pause" is enabled.
I had the case where i somehow activated it when entering osd and then didnt map the button on my stick
C-R-T

Unread post by C-R-T »

I have the same problem, and I also used the update all script. I think it’s fetching something broken.
mhartman

Unread post by mhartman »

Update all hasn’t been working right for me for a couple weeks.
hiddenbyleaves

Unread post by hiddenbyleaves »

I deleted the .mra files of the afflicted games and ran the update_all script to fix this problem.
liamd

Unread post by liamd »

Just to follow up on this, deleting the MRA files from the '_arcade' folder and rom zip files from, the 'games > mame' folder, then re-running the update_all script fixed this. Thanks for the suggestions, very glad to have these games playing at last!