Donate PCBs (Part 2)

zimthuet

Donate PCBs (Part 2)

Unread post by zimthuet »

Hello,

I have some Arcade PCBs I would like to donate, but I'm not quite sure to whom :) I have read the other post where Gyruss essentially did the same thing (hence the Part 2). I don't have Twitter, so maybe somebody can reach out to the core devs for me and point them towards this post?

List of PCBs:

- Truxton / Tatsujin (Toaplan, 1988) -> I have that board twice but with different chips on them (?), I'm no expert but I think both are original
- Twin Cobra (Toaplan, 1987)
- Super Pang (Mitchell, 1990)
- Tekken 3 (Namco, 1997)

Thanks
hiddenbyleaves

Re: Donate PCBs (Part 2)

Unread post by hiddenbyleaves »

Wow! Four beautiful games!
metalfacemark

Unread post by metalfacemark »

Twin Cobra is a lovely game from what i remember.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

Tekken 3 will definitely be much easier for someone to do once the PS1 core is ported to the MiSTer as they share a LOT of the same internals.

For the other ones, Jotego would probably be the person to reach out to, as he has already developed and used the following modules that match with those boards: YM3812, z80, 68000 (twin cobra used this as well as the z80).

I'll give him the heads up.
birdybro~
technotaff

Unread post by technotaff »

Furrtek would probably be more interested than Jotego. He is in the process of delidding and reverse engineering custom ICs for more accurate implementation.

Its an incredibly arduous process!
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

If the arcade boards are functioning it would be a big waste to delid the chips. I thought Furrtek usually takes non-functioning boards as his samples.
birdybro~
XtraSmiley

Unread post by XtraSmiley »

I think it depends on what country you are in. Nullobject might be interested in the shmups.
Gyruss

Unread post by Gyruss »

zimthuet wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:25 am Hello,

I have some Arcade PCBs I would like to donate, but I'm not quite sure to whom :) I have read the other post where Gyruss essentially did the same thing (hence the Part 2). I don't have Twitter, so maybe somebody can reach out to the core devs for me and point them towards this post?

List of PCBs:

- Truxton / Tatsujin (Toaplan, 1988) -> I have that board twice but with different chips on them (?), I'm no expert but I think both are original
- Tekken 3 (Namco, 1997)

Thanks
Truxton is really a great game and would love to see it on the Mister :D
I also donated 6 pcb`s to Jotego yesterday, so things will look bright for the future!
J3RK

Unread post by J3RK »

I was kind of curious about this as well. I’ve had my eye on an Air Buster board, and have no interest in running the actual board. However, I’d LOVE to have the game on the MiSTer. I don’t know why I love it as much as I do, but I do. Almost worth buying that board for $850 for science. :D Of course, if it's a working board, then probing it would be better than delidding. :lol:

The Kaneko Pandora VDP isn’t used heavily, so I’d guess getting this game running isn’t anyone’s too priority.

I’d buy the board if I thought it would result in MiSTer running it though. I’m aware of the PCE and MD ports, but I love the arcade.
Gyruss

Unread post by Gyruss »

zimthuet wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:25 am Hello,

List of PCBs:

- Tekken 3 (Namco, 1997)

Thanks
Jotego twitter yesterday that he received my boards.
R-ype
Pacmania
Diet go go
Hyper Olympic
Raiden 2
Demon`s world
All original and working pcb`s, he told us that he can make 50 games out if it, so stay tuned please! :D
pac

Unread post by pac »

Thanks a lot for your donations!
jotego
Core Developer

Unread post by jotego »

Thank Jan (Gyrrus) so much for these boards. I am eager to start working on them, but the day only has so many hours! Some of the titles that will come to life with these boards are truly classic.
Open IP for many chips in my github account
RBF files for my MiSTer cores in jtbin
Support new IP and core development here
zimthuet

Hello everyone,

I have not heard from anybody interested in the PCBs as of yet, so I thought I would state my offer again, otherwise I will probably sell them because I am about to move and can't really keep them. If anyone is interested my offer still stands :)
XtraSmiley

zimthuet wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:43 pm Hello everyone,

I have not heard from anybody interested in the PCBs as of yet, so I thought I would state my offer again, otherwise I will probably sell them because I am about to move and can't really keep them. If anyone is interested my offer still stands :)
Where are you located? What country? We can help point you in a devs direction if we know this!
zimthuet

XtraSmiley wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:47 am
zimthuet wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:43 pm Hello everyone,

Where are you located? What country? We can help point you in a devs direction if we know this!
I live in Switzerland.
XtraSmiley

I posted in the discord, so I guess we'll see. I don't know any devs that are in Switzerland.

If you don't get a message soon, I would say sell them (you have some expensive ones) and use the money for Patreon support.
zimthuet

Thank you. I would be surprised if there were any devs living in Switzerland, but I could ship internationally of course, so at least anywhere in Europe should be fine.
Pierco
Core Developer

Unread post by Pierco »

Oh Switzerland!! I'm in Haute-Savoie! :D
Unfortunately I have a lot of unfinished projects so I can't start a new one yet. Thanks for the donation anyway, that's great!
HumanIce

Unread post by HumanIce »

I would love to see Super Pang (Mitchell Core) supported
The home console ports (SNES, PS1) do not do the game justice, the arcade original is the best version