Robotron core alternative rom controls problem

snoot

Robotron core alternative rom controls problem

Unread post by snoot »

First of all thanks to everyone who's worked on this core, amazing work!

I can assign controls OK (i.e. move, fire, coin) on the default Robotron ROM but if I do the same on one of the alternatives, i.e. the 87 ROM with the 'fire in corner' bug fixed, or a 'tie die' ROM then the controls don't work - I can't start the game or add credits.

I got the ROMs via the update_hbmame-getter.sh and update_mame-getter.sh scripts.

Mapping controls work fine for other games both default and 'alternative', i.e Arkanoid bootleg, but not for any 'alternative' Robotron ROMS. The issue occurs for USB keyboard or controller. The 'F12' or equivalent works, but no commands are passed on to the game itself.

It's not just Robotron, but other alternatives for games that run on the core, i.e. Joust and Sinistar.

I tried moving the 'mra' files from the alternatives folder to the main arcade folder, and also renamed the files to remove any special characters, but it's still only the 'default' ROM where the controls works.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
retrodroid

Re: Robotron core alternative rom controls problem

Unread post by retrodroid »

Just tried to run the Tie-Die rom for Robotron. Control mapping doesn't seem to do anything for me either.
snoot

Unread post by snoot »

Thanks for checking @retrodroid, sounds like it's a bug. Is there a standard way of reporting a bug, i.e. raising a GitHub issue?
I'd take a look myself but wouldn't know where to start.
Xbytez
Site Admin

Unread post by Xbytez »

snoot wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:07 pm Thanks for checking @retrodroid, sounds like it's a bug. Is there a standard way of reporting a bug, i.e. raising a GitHub issue?
I'd take a look myself but wouldn't know where to start.
Yes, reporting the issue on GitHub is the best course of action.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Arcade- ... Ter/issues
dazzer69

Unread post by dazzer69 »

Not sure it’s a bug with the core. I think I looked at the differences in the MRA files and edited the alternatives to get them to work.