Three player action in "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs" by blackwine

jca
Top Contributor

Three player action in "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs" by blackwine

Unread post by jca »

From Jotego : RBF files are ready now. Just run the updater.

Jegriva

Re: Three player action in "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs" by blackwine

Unread post by Jegriva »

My favorite CPS1 game, a sham that it is in a licensing hell and won't be ever re-released.
kfreiberg

Unread post by kfreiberg »

jca wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:23 pm From Jotego : RBF files are ready now. Just run the updater.
I ran the update all script and still cannot do 3 players in C&D. Went into the configuration menu of the game to test the inputs and it doesn't recognize the 3rd player inputs. 3rd controller works fine with other games.

I manually removed the old JTCPS15 RBF file and watched the update re-download it and it still doesn't work. However, I am ignorant as to how the all the arcade files are associated with each other (MRA/RBF/MAME). What files are supposed to update and where can I see if they were? Or is there another updater I should be using?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Did you enable MAME and HBMAME GETTERS in update all script?
Edit:
The GETTERS have nothing to do with you problem, sorry.
The mras should come from Jotego, I checked mine and it is still dated from March 27, but the Alternatives are dated May 21.
I just checked on his Github and it seems that only the alternatives mras have been updated.
kfreiberg

jca wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:24 pm Did you enable MAME and HBMAME GETTERS in update all script?
Edit:
The GETTERS have nothing to do with you problem, sorry.
The mras should come from Jotego, I checked mine and it is still dated from March 27, but the Alternatives are dated May 21.
I just checked on his Github and it seems that only the alternatives mras have been updated.
Thank you for looking into this. I apologize, but I am not following on how to resolve the issue. I am not sure if you're referring to the alternative versions of C&D where those MRA's have been updated? If so, I have tried several versions that are on the MiSter and none of them work with 3 players after the latest update_all run.

Or are you saying this is something that needs to be fixed on the Github side by Jotego?
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

First there is no need to apologize.
As far I can tell the main mra is 2 months old both on my system and Jotego Github; the alternative mras both on my system and Jotego Github have been updated; the rbf is also up to date. The update all script did its job and only Jotergo or blackwine can tell what the problem is.
kfreiberg

Just an update to this. I commented on Jotego's Github thread regarding the 3-4 player issue with CPS15. I am not sure if any updates were made, but he suggested running the update again to fix. I ran the Update_All script last night and both the CPS1 and CPS15 files updated during the Jotego portion of the update. C&D now works perfectly for the 3rd player.