Add Spinner Control to Tron.. Please.. :-)

Zeosstud

Add Spinner Control to Tron.. Please.. :-)

Unread post by Zeosstud »

I noticed Sorg has been doing some work with spinners for various games / platforms..

Any chance we could add spinner control to Tron?

-Zeosstud
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Re: Add Spinner Control to Tron.. Please.. :-)

Unread post by Moondandy »

Was looking to see if there was an issue raised for it, but you had already added one. Hope you get it added in soon!

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Arcade- ... r/issues/6
98pacecar

Unread post by 98pacecar »

I just tested mine, since I've been tinkering with a spinner too. Tron seems to support it just fine. I'm using the Atari branded USB button spinner that Microcenter sells. Must be something specific to your spinner or config.
mario64

Unread post by mario64 »

98pacecar wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:48 pm I just tested mine, since I've been tinkering with a spinner too. Tron seems to support it just fine. I'm using the Atari branded USB button spinner that Microcenter sells. Must be something specific to your spinner or config.
Could you please link it?
98pacecar

Unread post by 98pacecar »

Zeosstud

This makes little sense, on discord the devs say spinner controls are not even setup for Tron.. Yet some say it works, kinda odd.. I have the Ultimarc Spinner attached to an Ipac2, works perfectly in Arkanoid, heck in Centipede it moves the guy left and right, no issues, but does nothing in Tron, and their are no settings or anything in the game that would indicate a spinner is supported.
Super happy for anyone who has a working spinner and trigger joystick and get to enjoy this classic, I would just like to join the club. :-)
jimmystones
Core Developer

Unread post by jimmystones »

Have you tried the Input Tester core to see what inputs your spinner shows up against?

From the code Tron looks like it supports what the MiSTer framework thinks is a spinner whereas centipede is just using the mouse inputs.
Zeosstud

jimmystones wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:01 am Have you tried the Input Tester core to see what inputs your spinner shows up against?

From the code Tron looks like it supports what the MiSTer framework thinks is a spinner whereas centipede is just using the mouse inputs.
I learned today, that you can get the Spintrak spinner while hooked to an Ipac2 to work in Tron, you just have to identify the Ipac2 pid & vid then add these lines to your mister.ini

spinner_vid=0xd209
spinner_pid=0x0420
spinner_axis=0

Naturally I learned this after I bought GRS spinner with Tron top which work perfectly out of the gate with Tron.. :-)

I figured all this out because of a post from thorr on a different thread, he would get ALL the credit, but thought I would share the info here.
warham

Unread post by warham »

The Arkanoid spinner functionality works great.
Also the menu sensitive options are excellent.
I have never gotten the spinner to work in Tron or Discs of Tron.

It would be cool if whatever was in Arkanoid could be put into the trons.
MikkyTee

Unread post by MikkyTee »

Zeosstud wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:37 pm
jimmystones wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:01 am Have you tried the Input Tester core to see what inputs your spinner shows up against?

I learned today, that you can get the Spintrak spinner while hooked to an Ipac2 to work in Tron, you just have to identify the Ipac2 pid & vid then add these lines to your mister.ini

spinner_vid=0xd209
spinner_pid=0x0420
spinner_axis=0

Naturally I learned this after I bought GRS spinner with Tron top which work perfectly out of the gate with Tron.. :-)

I figured all this out because of a post from thorr on a different thread, he would get ALL the credit, but thought I would share the info here.
I followed your other thread too, glad you got that working. I'm considering getting a spinner too, but would probably just use the usb lead for the spintrak, do you know if that would work with mister?
Zeosstud

100% the USB connection for the Spintrak works.. I still had to get the vid & pid info and add the lines to the Mister.ini but it totally worked just fine.. Go for it!!