Dodonpachi Dip Switches / Difficulty Settings?

moonscience

Dodonpachi Dip Switches / Difficulty Settings?

Unread post by moonscience »

Here's my first stupid post. Yes I searched both here and elsewhere, but my google-fu isn't cutting it. I can't find any sort of dipswitch settings beyond what I'm seeing in the OSD menu. Specifically is there a difficulty setting like there is with Dimahoo or many other arcade games. That said, I'm sure the easiest arcade setting still isn't as easy as the 'super easy' settings on the M2 ports of cave games, but I'll take what I can get.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: Dodonpachi Dip Switches / Difficulty Settings?

Unread post by lamarax »

To set the difficulty, you'd first want to assign a 'system' 'service' button in order to access the operator's menu.

Now, that could become a bit tricky with the Japanese version :mrgreen: (hint: the items' numbering corresponds to the US one)

In related news, the patreon beta core got updated the other day and now also boasts Guwange! [in a preliminary state]. Josh said his goal is to release it publicly soon, with all Cave developed games supported for all to enjoy!
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

moonscience wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:11 pm Here's my first stupid post. Yes I searched both here and elsewhere, but my google-fu isn't cutting it. I can't find any sort of dipswitch settings beyond what I'm seeing in the OSD menu. Specifically is there a difficulty setting like there is with Dimahoo or many other arcade games. That said, I'm sure the easiest arcade setting still isn't as easy as the 'super easy' settings on the M2 ports of cave games, but I'll take what I can get.
Didn't want to edit my previous post again, so here's what to do step-by-step:

1. Redefine ddonpach buttons as usual in the OSD, pick and assign a button on your controller for 'service', then save and restart.
2. Before putting a coin in, while holding 'service' press 'start'. The operator's menu should come up. Select ->'Configuration'; then item 7 on the list ('Difficulty'), -> choose what you prefer.
3. Hold 'service' down and press 'start' one more time to confirm.
4. ?????
5. Profit

:P
Aspie

Unread post by Aspie »

I don't get the option to assign a 'service' button
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

Aspie wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:24 pm I don't get the option to assign a 'service' button
🤔 While I'm using the rbf and mras from the latest patreon beta, I'm pretty positive that the option is there in the openly available core. It was one of the last features Josh added before going public IIRC.

Edit: Hmm, the feature was introduced along with the first Dangun Feveron beta back in January. The latest core available in the public repo, dates from 20/4/21... maybe it isn't implemented there?
Aspie

Unread post by Aspie »

I tried it this afternoon and went to reassign the keys. I got these key settings
Right, Left, Up, Down
Fire1, Fire2, Auto
Start, Coin
I think there might have been a pause button as well. But no Service button
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

I believe you're right. The service menu isn't yet enabled in the public core.

Not a long way to go now tho for a public release I wish 🤞
moonscience

Unread post by moonscience »

I might have to finally become a nullobject patreon, beyond wanting access to those dipswitches, it is nice to know he's gradually working toward DonPachi. Dangun Feveron and ESP ra de would be nice on the Mister as well.