Mars Matrix / Gigawing autofire difficulties

moonscience

Mars Matrix / Gigawing autofire difficulties

Unread post by moonscience »

Both of the games lack an autofire option like Dodonpachi. Yes, I know how to turn on autofire; hell, I even have a controller with autofire. The problem is, both games require smoothly moving between a rapid tap shot and a button hold to charge the reflect barrier / black hole bomb. Neither game seems to process this well when setting up a second button for auto fire, mostly just ignoring when you transition from hitting the auto shot button to holding the shot button--it just ignores the second input. Perhaps there is some secret to execution I need to learn but am starting to just give up on the idea of auto-fire on both of these games.

Has anyone found some other work around that will produce better results (IE staring at the game stupidly while the reflect barrier fails to come up)?
moonscience

Re: Mars Matrix / Gigawing autofire difficulties

Replying to my post because I think this is a real issue, but one I just resolved. Obviously you are getting two shot buttons by assigning additional controls when prompted (yes/no). What I found was when assigning the auto-fire button to the secondary set of controls, it seemed to interfere with the primary button triggering the reflect barrier. When I reversed the inputs so that the primary controls were assigned to auto-fire, and the secondary was for the reflect barrier, it seemed to work consistently. I hope this makes sense to anyone else that is having this problem.
moonscience

Replying a second time to this because I checked mars matrix versus its mame counter-part and have to say the game is MUCH more playable in mame. You can easily switch between autofire and another fire button for black hole matrix and the powerful shot. I'm not sure what is up with the MiSTer version, but I really think the takumi roms need a little help. At this point I think they are more playable in mame.
Kidpanda

Unread post by Kidpanda »

Mister project is going for accuracy. Autofire is just a added bonus but not what the original PCB has.