IremM62 - White screen on all games

Havok

IremM62 - White screen on all games

Unread post by Havok »

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying unsuccessfully to run games on the IremM62 core. I’ve loaded a few other arcade cores that works well (Berserk, Defender, Robotron, Wonder Boy) but no luck with Irem.The core load properly but then there is a white screen and nothing is happening.
I’ve tried Kung-Fu Master and Kid Niki and both behave the same way.

Please note that I’m currently not using any on board RAM (Awaiting 32 and 128 modules) but I’ve read
That none is required for it (Unless I’m mistaken only CPS cores does). So here’s my configuration:

HDMI output – No SDRam module
No Mister.ini file (Should I use any or rename MISTer_example_ini and use it?) Not sure about this part. Other cores run without it.
Arcade-IremM62_20210408.rbf and the appropriate rom set (Double checked all parts so they matches MRA def)
Latest MRA file

I’ve spent the last days trying to find a proper solution but I couldn’t find anything related to my issue.
Are the core supposed to run without any special settings in the ini file on a default HDMI TV?

Thanks a lot for the support !
Xbytez
Site Admin

Re: IremM62 - White screen on all games

Unread post by Xbytez »

You need an SDRAM module, pretty sure this core just shows a white screen without one.
Havok

Unread post by Havok »

Thanks for the quick answer Xbytez ! I'll try with the module once I get it then.
Havok

Unread post by Havok »

Hi team,

I confirm that it works well with the memory module. Ideally at some point there should be an update that specify that we need one to run Irem62 core.

So now I have a similar question regarding CPS2 games:

Can anyone confirm that DDTOD can run with only a 32 meg module ?

Jotego mention that some CPS2 games need more than a 32 meg modules ( listed as having a GFX ROM of 16MB or more) but according to the list, DDTOD is listed as 12MB GFX so I should be fine.

I can run any CPS1 and CPS1.5 games but no luck so far with CPS2.
I'm getting a similar behaviour to when I didn't have enough memory for Kung-fu Master. The core loads but rom isn't loading.
Made sure to use the right romset listed in the MRA and doubled-checked all parts so it matches the definition.
I also tried SF Alpha 1 (Listed as 8 MB GFX) to rule out the bad rom set but no luck either.

Is a 128MB module required for all CPS2 games ?

Thanks again
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »