Pac-Man Plus

davidmt

Pac-Man Plus

Unread post by davidmt »

Hi there,

Launching Pac-Man Plus is bringing up a version of Pac-Man (with standard blue maze) and a different font, and not the "Exciting New" game with the green maze and faster gameplay.

I also do not see the game listed in the Organized menu.

Can anyone confirm if this is happening to anyone else? I am pretty sure this game used to work, but, sometimes my memory fails me ;)
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: Pac-Man Plus

Unread post by lamarax »

Looks fine on my end; green azure topaz maze, coca-cola, blue fruity running ghosts and everything. Have you tried to launch it directly from under _Arcade?

Symbolic links have started to become a mess recently, with all the options and whatnot :/

PS: I had to reload once, because first time around it got stuck on the test screen.
davidmt

Unread post by davidmt »

Yes, that is how I am loading it. This is the strangest thing!

z5J0AlH.jpeg
z5J0AlH.jpeg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 1481 times
JWaPX1B.jpeg
JWaPX1B.jpeg (863.35 KiB) Viewed 1481 times

I have no idea what game this is actually loading. Note the font is different.

Are you running the latest Pac core from 9/15/2021? I am assuming this is when it stopped working, but I can't say for sure.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

hmm, maybe it's time to kick off the new downloader script 🤔

It has the advantage of hash verifying your installed .mras, drawback being that you can't keep test cores intact.
davidmt

Unread post by davidmt »

I am using the new downloader (and a new build), but I did find a couple things.

1 - If I go to the Arcade/Alternatives/PacMan Plus directory and pick "PacMan Plus (HBMAME)", I am getting the right game.
2 - Not really related (I don't think), but I saw in the release notes that high-score saving was enabled at some point. Well, there was no "nvram" folder in my config directory and I never saw any option to enable HS saving in the menu. Added the folder and it now saves the HS.

I'm going to create a build on another SD card and troubleshoot some more.
BabaYaga326

Unread post by BabaYaga326 »

davidmt wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:03 pm Hi there,

Launching Pac-Man Plus is bringing up a version of Pac-Man (with standard blue maze) and a different font, and not the "Exciting New" game with the green maze and faster gameplay.

I also do not see the game listed in the Organized menu.

Can anyone confirm if this is happening to anyone else? I am pretty sure this game used to work, but, sometimes my memory fails me ;)
Same for me.
killersquirel

Unread post by killersquirel »

I have both this and the "Exciting New" variant on my setup. I am not sure how this happened, but I think I will manually rename this new version to avoid confusion.