Demonstration of Jotego's Turbo Mode for Double Dragon

riggel

Demonstration of Jotego's Turbo Mode for Double Dragon

Unread post by riggel »

I uploaded a 1cc playthrough and commentary of Double Dragon in honor of Jotego's Turbo mode release for the game. Here is the link.
https://youtu.be/ILesLi_GZ_Y

There is a time stamp in the video for a comparison between Turbo mode on and turbo mode off.

Double Dragon has always suffered from horrible slowdown. Turbo mode removes the slowdown.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: Demonstration of Jotego's Turbo Mode for Double Dragon

Unread post by lamarax »

There are a couple of _alternative mras not working with the Double Dragon core, namely 'US set 3' and 'World set 2'.

I'd like to take the opportunity to help those people still being puzzled with where to find the famous SEGA s16B MCU dump pertaining to last week's update, in order to make altbeastj Juuouki set 7 run as intended:
s16mcu_alt.zip
(684 Bytes) Downloaded 2966 times
;)
limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

This is great! You mention that you demonstrate how to record off the CRT with your iPhone in another video, but I couldn’t find it from scanning the titles of your videos. Do you remember which one it is?
riggel

Unread post by riggel »

limi wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:11 pm This is great! You mention that you demonstrate how to record off the CRT with your iPhone in another video, but I couldn’t find it from scanning the titles of your videos. Do you remember which one it is?
Sure thing. It's called , recording crt tvs for beginners. Here is the link.
https://youtu.be/Wnpi0Gbj26E
MysteryM10

Unread post by MysteryM10 »

Thanks, enjoyed watching the turbo version, the lack of slow down as the garage door opens and the first enemy appears is so apparent so I’m looking forward to trying it.

Like you, dd was my favourite arcade game.
riggel

Unread post by riggel »

MysteryM10 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:49 pm Thanks, enjoyed watching the turbo version, the lack of slow down as the garage door opens and the first enemy appears is so apparent so I’m looking forward to trying it.

Like you, dd was my favourite arcade game.
I think you're going to enjoy it. For me It was like playing the game again for the first time.
CMR

Unread post by CMR »

Awesome, I didn't know he had gone back and updated DD. I'm definitely going to have to check this out. Hopefully he'll do the same for DD2 also.