Advertisement Jotego on top System 16 Games!

marcelosofth

Advertisement Jotego on top System 16 Games!

Unread post by marcelosofth »

Friends, I already put the file "jtbeta.zip" inside the directory of the mame "games/mame" and only the games from "System 16" insists on appearing this advertisement for "Jotego", what can it be?

jtbeta.jpg
jtbeta.jpg (311.32 KiB) Viewed 4034 times
Morfious

Re: Advertisement Jotego on top System 16 Games!

Unread post by Morfious »

make sure you have the latest rbf and jtbeta.zip file. I get this message when I have an older rbf file and the correct jtbeta.zip file. You can get them from Jotego's Patreon link.
marcelosofth

It's strange, I have another microsd with Mister installed and it works perfectly, I've copied all the files to this new microsd, but this new message appears, I put the old one and it doesn't appear.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

Ask Jotego on his discord. If you are a patron you should be able to do that. Maybe your beta cores are not the same version as your beta license key file.
birdybro~
marcelosofth

The Mister I bought came already all installed with a 64gb microsd, so I bought another 256gb microsd, I've already copied the entire _Arcades to the 256gb microsd, but Jotego's message insists on appearing in System 16 games, so I need to find out where it is the key file that takes the advertisement from Jotego.
sonik

Unread post by sonik »

As aberu said, go to Jotego's discord and ask there.
Patreons have access to updates over discord.
marcelosofth

I'm not Patreon so I need to find the key file which is on my 64gb microsd.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Let say the things are they are instead of "tourner autour du pot":
Most of the arcade cores developed by Jotego are only available to his patrons during the beta phase and are released to the public some time after the beta phase. Until recently you could not even download them if you were not a patron, now you can download them but can only run them if you are one of his patrons and have the key file. As you are not a patron you shouldn't be able to run the System 16 arcade. It looks like you bought a SD card with stuff on it that you shouldn't have.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

marcelosofth wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:22 am I'm not Patreon so I need to find the key file which is on my 64gb microsd.
Good luck lifting the shareware restrictions without paying for a user license I guess. Sorry you are in this situation.
jca wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:43 am It looks like you bought a SD card with stuff on it that you shouldn't have.
Yup, this is the key takeaway, if any sellers are putting roms, bios files, and cores and beta key files onto the microSD they are doing a disservice to the users and the community.
birdybro~
marcelosofth

And will it be that after a while System 16 games have become public and will they always be paid?
Hectic

Unread post by Hectic »

jca wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:43 am Most of the arcade cores developed by Jotego are only available to his patrons during the beta phase and are released to the public some time after the beta phase.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

marcelosofth wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:55 am And will it be that after a while System 16 games have become public and will they always be paid?
To get the latest jtbeta.zip file you have to pay him money on patreon. System16 is still in beta.
birdybro~
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

One thing to note:
Beta != Patreon:
He has 2 repos: JTSTABLE and jtbin. JTSTABLE is for stable cores and will be updated only a few times a year. jtbin is for cores still in beta, including the cores available only to his patrons but also the cores which were only for his patrons and became public (ex: CPS2) and the cores which are released from the onset to the general public (ex: Fast Lane). This is a mess.
marcelosofth

Thanks friends...
DiamondDave

Unread post by DiamondDave »

marcelosofth wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:54 am Someone could share the last "jtbeta" with me to see if it solves my problem, at the moment I am unable to go back to being Patreon, I will be grateful for this help friends. :-(
It's $3, don't be a loser.
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

No one should share the beta with you. Its a perk of being a Patreon. If you dont want to be a Patreon then wait for the public release. You pay your money and make your choice.

For those confused the original Author has edited his post to remove the request for a beta.zip to be given to him for free
marcelosofth wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:54 am Someone could share the last "jtbeta" with me to see if it solves my problem, at the moment I am unable to go back to being Patreon, I will be grateful for this help friends. :-(
MostroW

Unread post by MostroW »

DiamondDave wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:10 pm It's $3, don't be a loser.
if he can't spare that at the moment he might be flat broke and need that money for something else, no need to call him a loser.

on the other hand he should be aware of the whole system put behind the beta cores and i don't think José is unfair for asking monetary support for his work.
if he read the whole deal behind this he also should be aware that once José and his patreons decide it's time to release his work to the public it will be 'free'.

so @marcellosofth, it's quite simple, like it's said the patreons get the jtbeta.zip file for the current releases of the specific core(s) so they can playtest them and if you're unable or unwilling to support José for his work then you should have patience and maybe try to enjoy other cores instead while waiting for the public release(s).
DiamondDave

Unread post by DiamondDave »

MostroW wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:18 pm
DiamondDave wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:10 pm It's $3, don't be a loser.
if he can't spare that at the moment he might be flat broke and need that money for something else, no need to call him a loser.
If he can afford $300-400 for a MiSTer, he can afford to pay $3 one time to get a current beta.zip
MostroW

Unread post by MostroW »

what if he spent all his current funds and needs the money for something more important?

i'm not sayting you're wrong in a certain sense, but i can't see what his current finances are, so he might need to divert those funds.

but signing for patreon is a recurring deal right?
every month $3 and not a one time donation to keep getting all the updates and their respective jtbeta.zip?

just dumping a one time $3 in there to get that specific zip file sounds more cheap to me then trying to save a buck because you're low on cash.

still no need to call people loser over that.
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

If you cant afford it though you just have to be patient and wait for the core to leave the "beta" test. So far every Jotego core has been released publically.

Its morally wrong to ask for the beta.zip Its the same as say asking for a copy of the Demons of Asteborg Game for the Genesis.