Donkey Kong graphic bug and save wont work

MatteKalle

Donkey Kong graphic bug and save wont work

Unread post by MatteKalle »

Hi,
I get a strange graphical bug when trying to play Donkey Kong arcade core. The picture is yellow/orange and a complete mess. If I try the other versions of Donkey Kong it works as it should.

Also I have tried Donkey Kong jr which should have auto save but after a reset the high score is erased. So far I have not tried any other game that should be able to save so I can't say if it is the same problem with everything.

I have used the update_all script to get all the arcade games.

What am I missing? =)
jimmystones
Core Developer

Re: Donkey Kong graphic bug and save wont work

Unread post by jimmystones »

Hallo - sounds like the Donkey Kong issue could be a corrupted hiscore save. If you have a "/media/fat/config/nvram/Donkey Kong (US, Set 1).nvm" try deleting it and that might resolve the issue.

With regards to DK Jr, are you saying that Autosave Hiscores is turned on in the menu, but if you open the menu after registering a hiscore it doesn't say 'Saving...'?
MatteKalle

Re: Donkey Kong graphic bug and save wont work

Unread post by MatteKalle »

Hi and thx for tour answer :).
I do only have a f:\config\nvram and the only file in there is donkey Kong (us, set 1).nvm. That version off the game is working.

Regarding the auto saving I didn’t know that I had to enable it. I will see if I can locate that setting.