Shinobi Arcade Core Controls Not Responding

sbnr21

Shinobi Arcade Core Controls Not Responding

Unread post by sbnr21 »

This core use to work flawlessly, but I recently updated my MISTer and now the Controls don't work. I tried resetting the options and re-defined the controller and joystick. I tried all the other arcade cores and systems and they work fine. Only Shinobi doesn't work. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks.
12characters

Re: Shinobi Arcade Core Controls Not Responding

Unread post by 12characters »

Jotego's cores have their inputs locked while in beta phase unless you are a Patreon supporter, see link. This was not implemented in the very first released beta versions of the System 16 core but is now.
sbnr21

Unread post by sbnr21 »

So I need to subscribe to his patreon in order to play the game? Sorry for sounding like a noob, but I'm not an expert.

Thanks.
12characters

sbnr21 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:17 am So I need to subscribe to his patreon in order to play the game? Sorry for sounding like a noob, but I'm not an expert.
Yes, if you want to use the latest beta version. Alternatively, you could revert back to the version that you had before and wait to update it until Jotego releases the finished core to the public.
sbnr21

Unread post by sbnr21 »

How do you "roll" it back without disrupting all the previous updates on the other cores?
12characters

sbnr21 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:13 pm How do you "roll" it back without disrupting all the previous updates on the other cores?
Sorry but I cannot help you since I do not use update scripts myself. I do not know if the scripts keep the old versions by default.

Consider whether it is worth the trouble. It might be easiest to make do without Shinobi until the finished System 16 core is released.
sbnr21

Unread post by sbnr21 »

I don't mind donating. I just want to make sure it does fix this issue and if I will get some of the other cores I heard about like BAD DUDES, TMNT etc.

Thanks.
XtraSmiley

Unread post by XtraSmiley »

sbnr21 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:51 pm I don't mind donating. I just want to make sure it does fix this issue and if I will get some of the other cores I heard about like BAD DUDES, TMNT etc.

Thanks.
It should and you will!
pacoarcade

Unread post by pacoarcade »

As far as I know TMNT is not released.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

Yes, prior to paying him, the beta only cores are essentially shareware. You should have seen an overlay which told you this though, if you didn't then he should probably add one.

If you do have problems with any other cores for inputs, make sure you refresh your config file by going to the secondary OSD menu and clicking "Save Settings" to overwrite them, then define your inputs again. That might work, but it's no guarantee. Also always make sure your controller is defined properly in the Main Menu's OSD.
birdybro~