Multiple versions of the same ROM, possible?

sonic68010

Multiple versions of the same ROM, possible?

Unread post by sonic68010 »

Hi all, I LOVE my MISTer and looking forward to learning more about it and being a part of the community!

I got my MISTer mainly to play Super Streetfighter II Turbo with my friends. One friend insists on playing with his custom color edited ROM. Which is fine, but I would like to be able to select in the menu the standard ROM (with standard colors) or his custom color edited ROM. I can't figure out how to do this. Any help?

AngelicLiver

Re: Multiple versions of the same ROM, possible?

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

That's great to hear, pleased you're enjoying it.

First and foremost I'd recommend thoroughly reading through the wiki. Most if not all of your questions can usually be answered there. In this instance you will need to create an MRA file to pass the patched ROM to the core.

However, you may also want to take a look at atrac17's Arcade Offset, it's included in update_all you just need to enable it.

neogeo81

Re: Multiple versions of the same ROM, possible?

Unread post by neogeo81 »

Current ROMS already contain several versions in themselves. These are so-called merged roms.
Bringing specially hacked roms into Mister is then not just a matter of uploading the rom. Each game needs a MRA file that core (rbf) connects to the ROM and loads correctly.