IPAC2 Player 2 Keys you should use

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Zeosstud

IPAC2 Player 2 Keys you should use

Unread post by Zeosstud »

Hello,
If your using an IPAC2 for your controls and your setup for 2 players I suggest you use these controls for Player 2

Up = R
Down = F
Left = D
Right = G
Button 1 = A

I have tested these settings with Joust, Mario Bros, Atari Tetris and Wizard of War and can confirm they all work..
These were the only 2 Player Simultaneous 1 button games I could think of at this time of night, I am sure there are others..

Since I could never come up with a way to actually map Player 2 controls, I set mine up for Mario Bros, which got me left, right and button 1..
got a little excited, so I looked at Atari Tetris, that got me down.. Then I just used some common sense, assumed R should be up and tested it
with Wizard of War and sure enough, it worked..

If you happen to have a control panel layout setup for Stargate ( the craziest button layout ever ) I would consider mapping your IPAC2 buttons as
Fire = LCtrl
Thrust = LAlt
Smart Bomb = LShift
Inviso = Y
Hyperspace = X
Reverse = Z

Some other buttons you might want

Player 1 = 1
Player 2 = 2
Coin = 5

Alt-F12 macro button to bring up arcade core list
F12 button for Misters Menu
Enter Button for Mister Selections

Scroll Lock so you can assign autofire if you want to cheat playing Galaga :-)
Space for Mister Selections
Esc for Mister Selections

I hope this helps someone

-Zeosstud
Rodney Butler
Mister Control Panel with Labels.png
Mister Control Panel with Labels.png (100.1 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
Zeosstud

Re: IPAC2 Player 2 Keys you should use

I have not actually drilled the hole and wired up the Player 2 button 1 yet, but that is where it will end up.. and on my actual control panel, the top row, the 3 left buttons are on the left hand side and the 3 right buttons are on the right hand side.. Just to lazy tonight to go upstairs and grab my phone, when I actually drill the hole and mount the button I will take a real pick.. If anyone cares, the middle joystick is a dedicated leaf switched 4 way, used for PacMan.. the other 2 Red balltop joysticks are 8 way leaf switched and their real purpose is Robotron, but the right hand one is now player 2 joystick and the black joystick is a Happ Super in 4 way mode I am currently using for everything, I had one laying around and it cost me nothing extra. You might be able to guess with the art work, this started out as a JROK MultiWilliams Control Panel.. It has morphed into my Mister Control Panel and for me it has worked out really well, I never need to hook up a keyboard to do anything, PacMan Patterns are amazing, Robotron is about as good as your gonna get on a Control Panel like this and I am happy. When I redrill this next I will move the Stargate buttons for Inviso, Smart Bomb, Thrust and Fire to their real spacing ( Smart Bomb and Inviso are to far apart.. Reverse is good, as is the button next to it which I use for Hyperspace ( but really I use those 2 buttons for playing Space Invaders and moving the ship Left and Right.
lomdar67

Unread post by lomdar67 »

Is this some sort of stand alone device or is it part of an arcade cabinet? How big is it?

BTW: I thing this would fit more into the Input Devices section...
We raise hopes here...until they're old enough to fend for themselves.
--Mike Callahan
Morfious

Unread post by Morfious »

Here is the default layout for the I-PAC2. My understanding of the new jammasd section of the Mister.ini file will add all the default inputs for player 2 after you set up player 1. I think best practices is to use the default keys so the changes in the ini settings will transfer over as expected.

Code: Select all

INPUT 		NORMAL CODES 			CODES WITH SHIFT
COIN 1 			5 	 	
START 1 		1 	
1 RIGHT 		R arrow				Tab
1 LEFT 			L arrow				Enter
1 UP 			U arrow				~ (tilde)
1 DOWN 			D arrow				P (pause)
1 SW 1 			L-ctrl				5 (Coin A)
1 SW 2 			L-alt 	
1 SW 3 			space 	
1 SW 4 			L-shift 	
1 SW 5 			Z 	
1 SW 6 			X 	
1 SW 7 			C 	
1 SW 8 			V 	
1 A 			P 	
1 B 			ENTER 	

PLAYER 2		NORMAL CODES 		CODES WITH SHIFT
COIN 2 			6	
START 2 		2				ESC
2 RIGHT 		G 	
2 LEFT 			D 	
2 UP 			R 	
2 DOWN 			F 	
2 SW 1 			A 	
2 SW 2 			S 	
2 SW 3 			Q 	
2 SW 4 			W 	
2 SW 5 			I	 	
2 SW 6 			K 	
2 SW 7 			J 	
2 SW 8 			L 	
2 A 			TAB 	
2 B 			ESC 
Zeosstud

Pedestal front View.jpg
Pedestal front View.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 3093 times
It is a Pedestal Arcade cabinet that I have my Mister inside of.. Ipac2 settings are of course programmable via software, so you can hook up anything anywhere, but those defaults look pretty strong to me
Zeosstud

The defaults are good.. You would want to add in F12, and the macro for Alt-F12, and the Scroll Lock buttons.. They are all super helpful if you are trying to use your Mister inside a dedicated Arcade Cabinet. Long as you can arrange the buttons in a way that works for you..

I wish the new mister.ini settings were better documented, I tried to dig into it last night, I really did not find much info..