Galaga issues

Televicious

Galaga issues

Unread post by Televicious »

So I noticed a couple issues and it affects all of the Galaga based games.

First, autofire is not in any of the games. I know MAME never included it either, but it's a PCB that is in most real Galaga and Galaga based cabinets that autofires if you hold down the fire button. It makes a huge difference. I can take a video if someone needs to see the fire rate timing. It works even better when you have the autofire in the quick fire version of the game because it times it perfectly so you are endlessly firing shots.

Last, screen position is clipping off vertically. If you have a CRT in normal position it'd be the top of the screen clipped off, but if you have it in vertical position it's the right hand side that is clipped. Needs to come down/left or have some sort of adjustment setting like some of the other cores do.

That's all.
alanswx
Core Developer

Re: Galaga issues

Unread post by alanswx »

Did you try the Alternative Roms one? There is a fire speed up hack.
Zeosstud

Unread post by Zeosstud »

you can make autofire work..
start the game.. hold down the fire button then hit the scroll lock key on your keyboard, that should toggle autofire on and off with a 100ms delay..
Televicious

Unread post by Televicious »

Oh sweet! thanks for the info. I will give that a go. Now just need to have a screen adjustment and they'll be perfect.