No sound trough toslink

Fed

No sound trough toslink

Unread post by Fed »

Hi all !

I am puzzled as to why I do not get any audio for Arcade Cores when outputting through toslink.

I do have audio on Console Cores via toslink.
I do have audio for Arcade Cores via HDMI and jack.

Would anyone know what could be causing sound to not ouput through toslink for Arcade Cores ?
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Re: No sound trough toslink

Unread post by Newsdee »

I'm having the same issue but it's intermittent, and sometimes goes away when I unplug and plug it back in.
Maybe I have an issue in my IO board; for now I get sound from HDMI (my monitor has audio jack output)
pacoarcade

Unread post by pacoarcade »

jotego's unofficial cores are not fully compatible, that may be the reason. Hopefully, when the cores are mature enough they'll be included in the official repositories, like Ghosts'n'Goblins.

-edit- sorry, I misread the post. I tried to delete this post but it's not possible.
Fed

Unread post by Fed »

Newsdee wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:20 pm I'm having the same issue but it's intermittent, and sometimes goes away when I unplug and plug it back in.
Maybe I have an issue in my IO board; for now I get sound from HDMI (my monitor has audio jack output)
Are you saying that you are able to get sound through toslink for CPS1 games for example ?
On my end the behavior is not intermittent, it never works on arcade cores and always works on console cores.
obot

Unread post by obot »

For intermittent audio issues, it may depend on the device you’re using to decode the digital audio. I’ve found this kind of device to work great across all cores: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=6884 (cheaper alternatives available through Amazon). However, I recently tried using a Turtle Beach Ear Force DSS 2, and it tends to drop audio, especially on CPS1 and some other arcade cores.