Gauntlet

catenaccio

Re: Gauntlet

Unread post by catenaccio »

OriginalXOR wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:03 pm
rhester72 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:32 pm If you don't have either one, it means you don't have the arcade ROMs, which are needed (and not supplied).
The ROMs are actually attached to the first post in this thread within the RAR file, within the 'mame' folder.
As others have stated place this 'mame' folder into your 'games' folder, and not inside '_Arcade'.

@catenaccio - Considering your issues with setup etc, go and get Psylon's Updater, and put the 'update_all.sh' file into your 'scripts' folder and launch it... (by using the Scripts option accessed by pressing F12)
This should help you put everything into working order for you, although I wouldn't bother with the RENAME options, until you have gotten to grips with MiSTer as this can get confusing.

Good luck. By the way here is the link to Psylon's Update_All github:
https://github.com/theypsilon/Update_All_MiSTer
I cannot see ROMs in 1st post: "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post"

Maybe my issue with black screen is due to a not valid ROM, I will try with another. Thanks!
OriginalXOR

Unread post by OriginalXOR »

Strange that you can't see the file 'Arcade-Gauntlet_20200812.rar' although I had to register onto the forum before I was able to see/download this.

That said, if you try to run that Psylon Updater script I'd mentioned, it can go off and populate you mame directory for you.

Personally I cant tell you if it does as I had gathered the rom file already, and if the rom is already there, then the 'update_all' script wont download said rom. Maybe PM tontonkaloun and ask him to send you the file?
alanswx
Core Developer

Unread post by alanswx »

I had a black screen until I used a newer rom. We will move this to mister devel when it is debugged and working well. Still a few minor issues to work through.
catenaccio

Unread post by catenaccio »

Than you guys, just change the ROM for a newer one, and now is working like a charm! :)
Darthcustom

Unread post by Darthcustom »

I does not work for me... I get a black screen. OSD menu works, but game does not load
Darthcustom

Unread post by Darthcustom »

Solved.... it was a ROM issue. Apparently, not all gauntlet.zip rom files has the required ones. Needed to download several to test.

Working with X-Arcade joystick with 2 players (Warrior and Valkirie).

Love this game!!!

Best regards
OriginalXOR

Just wanted to throw this up here:
https://github.com/d18c7db/Gauntlet_FPGA (Main)
https://github.com/d18c7db/Gauntlet_FPG ... er/_Arcade (MiSTer specific bit)

Updated a few days ago, (with the Alternatives too)

BTW - Also appears to be working on an implementation of Atari System 1, but don't rush to download just yet, no public releases, but as a heads up covers the following games:

Marble Madness (1984)
Peter Pack Rat (1985)
Road Runner (1985)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1985)
Relief Pitcher (1986) (unreleased prototype)
RoadBlasters (1987)

Yes I'm excited for this project...

https://github.com/d18c7db/atari_system1_fpga
rhester72
Top Contributor

Unread post by rhester72 »

That's exactly the same Gauntlet discussed in this thread. It's received fixes every few days for a couple weeks now.
OriginalXOR

rhester72 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:07 pm That's exactly the same Gauntlet discussed in this thread. It's received fixes every few days for a couple weeks now.
Okay, didn't actually realise this, as the version I was looking at was looking at mame220, whereas this build looks at mame223.

Also it's mra shows up as Gauntlet (Set14).
Didn't actually know where the guthub was as I'd taken it from the first post, well you live and learn.
Thanks for putting me straight. ;)

Edited my post do direct a little better, and remove the incorrect statement about it being different.
roel27

Unread post by roel27 »

Thanks a lot, reliving my childhood again. Looks great on my BVM!
roel27

Unread post by roel27 »

I would be great to also have H and V adjustments in this core.