1942 rom error

Sagat

1942 rom error

Unread post by Sagat »

Hi all,

Was playing around with TATE mode yesterday and 1942 was one of the games i tried. And it was indeed al lot of fun and a big difference to playing ' normally' with those black borders.

however i did run into an rom error.
(red text: 'rom error! check again! 1984 capcom) after which the game froze

I was just wondering if this is something others may have experienced and if there is anything i can do about this.

I use the regular scripts so i doubt anything is wrong with my core and rom, but i guess it never hurts to doublecheck.

Also i got my mister as a bare as possible as i wanted to try it out to see if i would really like it (which i do btw :D ) but i currently only have the mister and a 128mb kit. But no heatsink of active fan or simlar.

So in theory it could be a heat issue....altho i played various other games after (1943, Mercs, Varth and ghost pilot but that last one not in TATE) and they all ran w/o any issues so that makes a heat issue unlikely imho, as 1942 to me does not seem very intense...?

Will play again to see if it happends again or was just a one off thing.
rhester72
Top Contributor

Re: 1942 rom error

Unread post by rhester72 »

I haven't seen that before, and being fair and honest, I think the heat 'issues' with the DE10 Nano are overblown. I deliberately 'torture tested' a bare board for 72 hours running the most complex cores I could throw at it and while it did get rather warm, no observable effects were noticed. It doesn't seem all that fragile to me.
Sagat

Re: 1942 rom error

Unread post by Sagat »

I myself have little reason to assume the DE10 nano has heating issues, i have played like this for several weeks and arcade and neo geo have been my favorite cores. I did notice a littel slowdown in final fight but i do not recall if this would also occur on the real hardware. The turbo option seemed to lessen it, but that setting and no fan did make me worry a little bit :)

i still plan to get a heatsink eventually (unless i get a ioboard with fan first) also played several games of 1942 again yesterday and nothing happened....so guessing it indeed was a one of thing. Still thanks for the reply.