Network Share Issues - cifs_mount.sh not mounting at Boot

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
elJonnyRage

Network Share Issues - cifs_mount.sh not mounting at Boot

Unread post by elJonnyRage »

I have a fresh MiSTer install and I ran Update.sh so I'm assuming that I also have the most recent version of cifs_mount.sh in the scripts folder (version 2.0.1). When I run the script manually it mounts the drive just fine and I'm able to play games. The issue is that I can't seem to get it to run automatically at boot even though I thought I set the relevant options. Any help would be appreciated. I setup the following options directly in the cifs_mount.sh file:

SERVER="MyServer"
SHARE="MyShare"
USERNAME="MyUser"
PASSWORD="MyPassword"
DOMAIN=""

LOCAL_DIR="*"
ADDITIONAL_MOUNT_OPTIONS=""

WAIT_FOR_SERVER="true"
MOUNT_AT_BOOT="true"

Thanks!
elJonnyRage

Re: Network Share Issues - cifs_mount.sh not mounting at Boot

Unread post by elJonnyRage »

I was able to get this issue resolved on the MiSTer Discord. Once I put the above settings into a separate ini file containing just those options named cifs_mount.ini that seemed to work and it now mounts the drive at boot. When I first tried using an ini file I copied and pasted the original cifs_mount.sh and just changed the options but left the actual script in there, which I think was causing an issue and the drive would not mount at all so I abandoned the ini. But after trying again and just creating a file with the options only, the drive does mount at boot.