update_all script fails to reboot

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
Megahurtz

update_all script fails to reboot

Unread post by Megahurtz »

Has anyone else had issues with update_all not being able to reboot the mister over the last month or so? I've had it hang on me at least a couple times. It runs all the options I have turned on and gets to the end of the script where it says rebooting in 10 seconds, but it never reboots and the orange disk LED on the I/O board stays lit. Even waiting for several minutes at the point never results in a reboot.

I've just started hitting reset when that happens, and nothing disastrous seems to be happening as a consequence, but this has been bugging me and I've been meaning to ask about it.
Bas
Top Contributor

Re: update_all script fails to reboot

Unread post by Bas »

Try logging in with a second shell and give the 'sync' command when this happens again. If that hangs, something is wonky with you SD card or the filesystem on it.
Lightwave

Unread post by Lightwave »

I have had this happen a few times recently as well (although I didn't note the state of the disk led) . I just unplug and plug in again, and nothing seems amiss so far.

This behaviour does seem intermittent though... I have had proper reboots as well.
Megahurtz

Unread post by Megahurtz »

Just had it happen again when updating today. Turns out all three LEDs are on and it also hangs at “press any key to continue”. I tried running sync from an ssh shell but that didn’t seem to do anything.

I’ve tried hitting keys on every controller I have connected, as well as the keyboard. The trackpad can still move the cursor around the screen and the ssh shell works, so it isn’t totally locked up.
Mellified

Unread post by Mellified »

We've had something similar happening with MiSTer_SAM. A power cycle will sort it out at least.