FTP no longer working

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
Captain FPGA

FTP no longer working

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

Out of the blue my FTP stopped working for Filezilla and WinSCP.

Here is the login
Username: root
Port: 22
Pass: 1

Followed by my IP address which I checked numerous times. The protocol is set to SFTP - SHH what am I missing? I know the WiFi is connected because the time zone appears correctly. Whenever I run update all script it arcs into the internet to grab files easily, finally I got it to work recently with Putty but I'm wayyyyyy less familiar with that program and that was with a lot of help from a friend.

What am I doing wrong here?
Dreams don't die!
C-R-T

Re: FTP no longer working

Unread post by C-R-T »

The mister’s ip probably changed. It does that very often. Press F11 to check it, and then change it in your FileZilla settings.
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

My IP's been rock steady and FTP has also failed for me, even though samba continues to work...
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

Captain FPGA wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:42 pm Out of the blue my FTP stopped working for Filezilla and WinSCP.

Here is the login

Followed by my IP address which I checked numerous times. The protocol is set to SFTP - SHH what am I missing? I know the WiFi is connected because the time zone appears correctly. Whenever I run update all script it arcs into the internet to grab files easily, finally I got it to work recently with Putty but I'm wayyyyyy less familiar with that program and that was with a lot of help from a friend.

Just use SCP, it's just SSH copying basically. It's built into WinSCP. Change the connection option from FTP to SCP.
birdybro~
Captain FPGA

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

aberu wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:59 am
Captain FPGA wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:42 pm Out of the blue my FTP stopped working for Filezilla and WinSCP.

Here is the login

Just use SCP, it's just SSH copying basically. It's built into WinSCP. Change the connection option from FTP to SCP.
That did the trick! You have my profound gratitude. *bowing head like a martial artist does his sensei*
Dreams don't die!