Suddenly getting a 'No connection' when running 'Updaters'

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
JudgeDrokk

Suddenly getting a 'No connection' when running 'Updaters'

Unread post by JudgeDrokk »

Hi folks... this is puzzling me....

I have a MiSTer connected in the lounge, it's been used without problems from a clean install a year ago and has always been updated with UpdateALL.

I updated in early to mid September. No probs. Today I attempted to update and was greeted by a 'No internet connection message' as soon as the MiSTer attempts to log in .

I tried to connect to MiSTer via FTP on PC using FileZilla and this failed but when checking the IP on my MiSTer i see it has CHANGED. So I reconfigure FileZilla and can connect and browse the MiSTer as normal. The Wifi light on mighter dash shows as normal... the time is grabbed from the 'net as normal (it does not have a RTC). It just won't update - failing at the "log in" via WiFi to perform an update every time.

I can't see how the MiSTer's IP address changing should prevent it logging in to Update?

I rescanned the wifi SSID and re entered password and resaved. No effect. (see pic)

Following rebooting the modem a second time and then cold booting the MiSTer after that it did log in, I chose options in UPDATE ALL and set it off... but then this happened... (picture 2)

Am I missing something?
Attachments
zz.jpg
zz.jpg (64.85 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
Zuunu-05.png small.png
Zuunu-05.png small.png (453.15 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: Suddenly getting a 'No connection' when running 'Updaters'

Unread post by lamarax »

I don't know about you people in the UK, but for me the 'net is crawling all day today.

Global DDOS attack? :P
ByteMavericks

Re: Suddenly getting a 'No connection' when running 'Updaters'

Unread post by ByteMavericks »

DNS. It's always DNS... :D