Long file names: Can you increase menu width or display the full file name?

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
Greyfield

Long file names: Can you increase menu width or display the full file name?

Unread post by Greyfield »

Hi all,

Another newbie question here, so thanks in advance. Many of the games I play have translations or multiple hacks, which I've given long file names to help keep them organized (e.g., "Destiny of an Emperor 2 - The Story of Zhuge Liang (Japan) En Confederated Translation Company.nes") and can't be fully displayed in the MiSTer menu, even when the file is selected and the file name is expanded to two lines. This makes navigating for me cumbersome, because I often have to wait for the file name to scroll to make sure I'm selecting the right file. Life is rough, right?

Since I play on a modern TV with a lot of extra screen space, I was wondering if there's a way increase the width of the MiSTer menus to accommodate these long file names? Alternatively, if you can't increase the menu width, is there a way to increase the number of lines that can be displayed for each highlighted or selected file, so that the full file name can be displayed at once?

I'm hoping there are some simple options I'm missing somewhere. :D

Thanks again!

Edit 1: Apologies if this post should be in the Linux forum.
Edit 2: Edited for clarity.
Caldor
Top Contributor

Re: Long file names: Can you increase menu width or display the full file name?

Unread post by Caldor »

It is possible for developers to make it possible, but I do not think it will be done. The menu focuses on being able to work in any resolution a core uses. But if you keep the file selected I am pretty sure it will begin to scroll after a while.