No function after update all

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
Strippenstrolch

No function after update all

Unread post by Strippenstrolch »

A few days ago I let my mister sit for 2h to do the update all script. After that time I changed back the input source of the tv to the mister but no source were found. Nothing to worry about though. So I turned the MiSTer off and connected it back to my crt. No menu just white noise on the screen. Since than I changed some ini. settings. Composite sync on and video output to standard hd resolutions with notepad++ to exclude my monitors for the fail.

Nothing changed. I also recopied the „MISTer“ main binary and „menu.rbf“ (deleted the old files and erased the suffix _20211010; _20210315 from the new ones). Still the same issue.

I recognised one red led lights up at the side which I did not saw before the update went wrong.

Do you got any suggestion what‘s going wrong? I did not done the initial set up so I’m a bit refused to try it from scratch. Thanks in advance
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Re: No function after update all

Unread post by FPGA64 »

try overwriting the Linux folder with the latest version:

1. Download the latest archive from here --> https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/SD-Inst ... n64_MiSTer
2. Unzip it to your PC.
3. Overwrite the Linux folder on the MiSTer (/media/fat/Linux/) with the Linux folder from the archive you unzipped. (edited)
Jump
Strippenstrolch

Re: No function after update all

Unread post by Strippenstrolch »

Success! Thank you a lot for the help. I really appreciate it.