neo-geo bios getter error [Solved]

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
riblad_om

neo-geo bios getter error [Solved]

Unread post by riblad_om »

I've started to get the following error (the core and whatever bios files are present still work fine, however)

edit: the problem was due to a case mismatch, the folder on my USB was NEOGEO when it needed to be NeoGeo.

Code: Select all

STARTING BIOS RETRIVAL FOR: NEOGEO

cp: cannot create regular file '/media/usb0/games/NeoGeo/sfix.sfix': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file '/media/usb0/games/NeoGeo/sp-s2.sp1': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file '/media/usb0/games/NeoGeo/000-lo.lo': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file '/media/usb0/games/NeoGeo/neo-epo.sp1': No such file or directory

'/media/fat/BIOS/NeoGeo/sfix.sfix' -> '/media/usb0/games/NeoGeo/sfix.sfix'

'/media/fat/BIOS/NeoGeo/sp-s2.sp1-MVS_BIOS' -> '/media/usb0/games/NeoGeo/sp-s2.sp1'

'/media/fat/BIOS/NeoGeo/000-lo.lo' -> '/media/usb0/games/NeoGeo/000-lo.lo'

'/media/fat/BIOS/NeoGeo/neo-epo.sp1-AES_BIOS' -> '/media/usb0/games/NeoGeo/neo-epo.sp1'
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: neo-geo bios getter error

Unread post by lamarax »

That's because you're using an external drive. Try moving the bios files into the respective SD card folder (media/fat/games/NeoGeo).
riblad_om

lamarax wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:54 pm That's because you're using an external drive. Try moving the bios files into the respective SD card folder (media/fat/games/NeoGeo).
I removed all files from the USB NeoGeo directory (including ROMs, just in case) and copied everything to the SD card NeoGeo directory. I'm still getting the same error.

This only happens with NeoGeo and afaik I didn't change anything to make this error start appearing.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

It should read:

Code: Select all

/media/fat/games/NeoGeo/sfix.sfix
/media/fat/games/NeoGeo/sp-s2.sp1
/media/fat/games/NeoGeo/000-lo.lo
/media/fat/games/NeoGeo/neo-epo.sp1
/media/fat/games/NeoGeo/uni-bios.rom
:!:

Here's what you need:
uni-bios-40.zip
(99.12 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
riblad_om

I believe I have all those files on the sd card and am still getting the same errors. The only way to avoid errors is to run the script with the USB drive unplugged.

edit: although I've now moved my NeoGeo roms to the sd card, mister still insists on using the usb drive even though the NeoGeo directory is empty. So I can only play NeoGeo games if I unplug the usb drive before boot.
theypsilon
Scripting Wizard

Unread post by theypsilon »

Sounds like some filesystem error, maybe related with case-sensitiveness, what is the exact name of the NeoGeo directory in your usb device?
There have been changes on NeoGeo bioses recently, so that could explain why the error is happening now.
riblad_om

theypsilon wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:34 pm Sounds like some filesystem error, maybe related with case-sensitiveness, what is the exact name of the NeoGeo directory in your usb device?
There have been changes on NeoGeo bioses recently, so that could explain why the error is happening now.
The problem was indeed due to a case mismatch, the folder on my usb drive was NEOGEO instead of NeoGeo, which hadn't been a problem up until now. Thanks for the help!