Script to update only "revisions" (subset of alternatives) MRA files?

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
ash2fpga

Script to update only "revisions" (subset of alternatives) MRA files?

Unread post by ash2fpga »

Before I look into trying to create my own, does anyone know of a script already out there, to borrow some nomenclature from everdrive packs, official "revisions" of releases?

In an effort to help "tame" the core list, I am looking to only bring those, in an automated fashion, at least. And manually "cherry pick" any hacks/homebrew/unofficial I bring in.
ash2fpga

Re: Script to update only "revisions" (subset of alternatives) MRA files?

Unread post by ash2fpga »

Bits n Stuff wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:05 pm I've not heard of anything like that but some time ago so I don't know what the currents plans are with this but talking to brNX ages ago he did say that he was wanting to seperate the alternative MRAs into directories of official releases such as revisions and unoficial releases like the HBMAME hacks.
(snip)
Thanks for chiming in on this. It is a bit different, but any work already done to organize or curate the alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

My current plans are to use some basic regex filters on filenames, and then probably some "include" lists for unofficial MRAs I do want.
lomdar67

Re: Script to update only "revisions" (subset of alternatives) MRA files?

Unread post by lomdar67 »

Take a look at the RetroDriven MisterMame script https://github.com/RetroDriven/MiSTerMAME

It sorts the "alternative" mra files in separate folders. Maybe it helps you get started with your own script.
We raise hopes here...until they're old enough to fend for themselves.
--Mike Callahan