Having some problems when compiling my own core in hdmi enabled mode. ie non debug.

Discussion of developmental aspects of the MiSTer Project.
SKuRGe911

Having some problems when compiling my own core in hdmi enabled mode. ie non debug.

Unread post by SKuRGe911 »

When I compile my design with the NOHDMI_DEBUG MODE enabled, My design works flawlessly. But when I enable the HDMI portion by commenting out the macro, It fails to run properly. I have no idea why this is. Ive checked its ddram upload which seems to have worked properly. So the data is in the DDRRAM. But the cpu doesnt get it and start running. Ive also checked the reset procedure and it also seems fine.
Any suggestions?
macro
Core Developer

Re: Having some problems when compiling my own core in hdmi enabled mode. ie non debug.

Unread post by macro »

Are you using the frame buffer as that also uses DDR so may be conflicting.

try it with set_global_assignment -name VERILOG_MACRO "MISTER_FB=1" commented out in qsf file

(if old version of SYS will just be FB=1)
Did I do something useful?

buy me a coffee
dshadoff
Core Developer

Re: Having some problems when compiling my own core in hdmi enabled mode. ie non debug.

Unread post by dshadoff »

What version Quartus are you using ?
SKuRGe911

i'm using 17.0 the one recommended and i'm already not using the frame buffer. the thing is i do have a high speed on the bus to ddr. its almost 100mhz.
SKuRGe911

ok. after leaving it for a while I came back to this issue and I looked at the ao486 core and used its ddram memory mapping which fixed the issues.
it seems i forgot to divide by 8 on the memory bus to make it 64 bit words. it was being overwritten by the frame buffer every time. lulz.