feature suggestion: MiSTer Screensaver

Discussion of developmental aspects of the MiSTer Project.
akzkaj

feature suggestion: MiSTer Screensaver

Unread post by akzkaj »

Would love to see old school dvd or perhaps MiSTer logo float around ;)

Got burn-in from a paused NES contra from flickering/pulsating bullets on the screen. Luckily its was not permanent and fixed it self, but still super paranoid about leaving it on now, even for a phone call without turning my tv off first.

ash2fpga

Re: feature suggestion: MiSTer Screensaver

Unread post by ash2fpga »

May be doable when the OSD is shown, probably not from an in-game pause. Otherwise, in general, not sure how you would distinguish between, say, a pause screen, and a long running cutscene.

I personally switch inputs to my roku, which has a screensaver, if I have to pause for a few minutes. I do get temporary retention from some games from regular play, however. Mega Man 2 seems particularly bad about it.
akzkaj

Unread post by akzkaj »

True. Would guess that it also have to implemented into every single core then, but a screensaver that is optional and time adjustable from the .ini and only shown when OSD is up, is not a bad idea. Might even be doable from a Main update only.
KremlingKuthroat19

Unread post by KremlingKuthroat19 »

Pretty good idea. If it's doable, then maybe getting classic Windows 95 screensavers like these could be nostalgic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SEBEh_ ... 5ulDAFGRC_.

Or you could just create a bouncing MiSTer logo similar to the duck bouncing image that you've shown.
Solskogen

Unread post by Solskogen »

Johnny Castaway in FPGA anyone? :-D