Quartus runs under Parallels? (Mac)

Discussion of developmental aspects of the MiSTer Project.
ethern0t

Quartus runs under Parallels? (Mac)

Unread post by ethern0t »

My "daily driver" is a MacBookPro and I have bootcamp on it for games and FPGA development.

There are threads from 13 years ago saying that Quartus works under Parallels, but I'm wondering if anybody here has any more recent experience with it? Or more to the point, any other software I'd need for MiSTer FPGA development that would run under either Parallels or OS X native.

Ideally the Programmer would still work too, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to produce an RBF file instead.

Thanks,

-Dave
ethern0t

Re: Quartus runs under Parallels? (Mac)

Turns out they have a free 14 day trial, so I gave it a shot. It installed quite easily and used by existing bootcamp partition.

And while it recognized me plugging my DE10-Nano kit in via USB, the Programmer seems to think there's no hardware no matter what I try, which makes iteration and debugging challenging.

I've sent in a support request to Parallels, I'll follow up if they figure out a solution.
ethern0t

Re: Quartus runs under Parallels? (Mac)

...and now it suddenly started working. Only thing I did was put the virtualized Windows session in full screen mode.