Getting a MiSTer for an original CRT + Jamma arcade cabinet

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
DrKucho

Re: Getting a Mister for an original CRT + Jamma arcade cabinet

Unread post by DrKucho »

Here something that I don’t get, if jammasd has 25 ms of input lag , how can the light gun work?

As far as I know the light gun detection works with a perfect sync system between the screen and the gun light beam , offsync just one frame and nothing will be detected, am I wrong ?
WolfgangBlack

Unread post by WolfgangBlack »

DrKucho wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:04 am Here something that I don’t get, if jammasd has 25 ms of input lag , how can the light gun work?

As far as I know the light gun detection works with a perfect sync system between the screen and the gun light beam , offsync just one frame and nothing will be detected, am I wrong ?
Go look at what human visual reaction time actually is and you'll see that 25ms is almost 1/10 of that time.....
DrKucho

Unread post by DrKucho »

WolfgangBlack wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:32 pm
DrKucho wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:04 am Here something that I don’t get, if jammasd has 25 ms of input lag , how can the light gun work?

Go look at what human visual reaction time actually is and you'll see that 25ms is almost 1/10 of that time.....
For most of the games is not much but go play frogger on level 20 and you will see that 1/10 loss of reaction time will probably kill you

But I’m not talking of human reaction time Here, but the light gun sync with the screen
Juri

Unread post by Juri »

evidencedj wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:40 am I am using a JAMMASD in my Astro City for some time and it is horrible when it comes to input lag. It has round about 25ms of lag (~2 frames). I have tested it by myself with the Arduino Test method and you can find the results in this list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/ ... M/htmlview

In addition to that MiSTerAddons is working on a JAMMA Interface for the MiSTer right now. With the help of Bootsector they managed to decrease the input latency to ~0.73ms. This interface seems very promising and will be way better than the Jpac and of course the JAMMASD.

For reference: https://twitter.com/MisterAddons/status ... 07360?s=20
Hi @evidencedj did you tested the jammasd v2 (ps2+usb converter) or jammasd v3 (native usb)? how you configured 2 players on jammasd? a friend gave me one to try it, but i'm not able to map like 2 distinct devices (player 1 and player 2) i uncommented the jamma_vid and jamma_pid in mister.ini but no use.
thanks
JF