New MiSTer Composite adapter - mAVster_MD2

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Re: New MiSTer Composite adapter - mAVster_MD2

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

Caldor wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:27 am Does the MiSTer have RGB support? Pretty sure f.ex. the Commodore 1084S monitor uses RGB as video input, but its running at 15khz. The MiSTer has a setting specifically for upscaling from 15khz and I suspect if you disable that, the MiSTer should be able to support this monitor with a regular IO board? If you have a HDMI or VGA to RGB?

But I have been unable to find anything that confirms that its possible to use old Amiga monitors with the MiSTer.
My 1084 is working perfectly with an RGB Scart cable, from my Analog IO board VGA port. Should work with an HDMI to VGA adapter as well.
sav2880

Unread post by sav2880 »

Just curious, if you do indeed decide to not continue on with the project, will you be open sourcing design/code so that others could potentially carry it on? Would love to see someone pick it up, and totally understand how life can get in the way on hobbyist stuff like this!
sav2880

Unread post by sav2880 »

... and as soon as I say that, another run is happening! Might pick up a second one for the second MiSTer. :)

Anyone have any good 3D cases for theirs yet?
Yodasghost

Unread post by Yodasghost »

Has anyone that ordered one from the most recent batch recieved it?
Pulsar

Unread post by Pulsar »

Yodasghost wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:27 am Has anyone that ordered one from the most recent batch recieved it?
Not wanting to step on any toes here, but I did see this over on reddit this morning.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fpgagaming/com ... ster_bits/
dshadoff
Core Developer

Unread post by dshadoff »

Hmm... I ordered one from an earlier batch.
While it was later than originally expected, it arrived and worked fine (although it requires a VGA cable with pin 9 connected, which is not so common these days apparently).
shertz

Unread post by shertz »

Pulsar wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:36 pm
Yodasghost wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:27 am Has anyone that ordered one from the most recent batch recieved it?
Not wanting to step on any toes here, but I did see this over on reddit this morning.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fpgagaming/com ... ster_bits/
Whew!! Lucky I for mine!!