Various things to overcome.

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
ComfySofa

Various things to overcome.

Unread post by ComfySofa »

Hi - Just joined the forum but had my mister for quite a while....never really got to get it working properly as such - for a wide variety of reasons....im not sure to keep on plugging in this thread or start a new thread for each issue but ill list them here.....being married with 3 kids, full time job (never got furloughed!!) ive not really that much time to dedicate to it so i kinda so its a 2 steps forward one step back. As it were...hardware is...

1. Mister
2. RGB Output board
3. Usb board
4. RTC clock
5. 128 Ram board.

Manged to get some of the arcade roms working but not all....got the turbo grafx roms working. Would love to get the Amiga stuff working (ex 4000 owner)

Got an 8bit do SF30 pro with an 8bit do bluetooth module (got them to pair) but the Mister doesnt recognize it....a cabled xbox 360 bluetooth controlller works but cant get that working wirelessly either....

This one is a real pain in the arse....for some weird reason it will only go on the network connected to a dumb unmanged 8 port switch - if i plug it into the main switch that runs the house ( a managed 48 port netgear poe switch it wont pick up a number ) love to find out what that is....

This is the first time ive revisited it in 6 months or so....so im kinda fresh back to it as it were....

Thanks to anyone that chips in...!
misterious

Re: Various things to overcome.

Unread post by misterious »

>Got an 8bit do SF30 pro with an 8bit do bluetooth module (got them to pair) but the Mister doesnt recognize it

just upgrade the firmware to the latest version (both brick and sf30) , then insert the brick , push Y+start on the pad (so that the 4 lights slide)

that's it

the only thing, if you hard reset the MiSTer you have to unplug and plug the brick again (at least with me) or it'll sync but it's not gonna work
limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

ComfySofa wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:04 pm Would love to get the Amiga stuff working (ex 4000 owner)
Welcome! The MiSTer makes for an excellent modern A4000 equivalent, especially since RTG was recently added.

The fastest way to get up and running with a great setup for the Amiga is the MegaAGS image, so look for that. The latest version also includes RTG support.
ComfySofa

misterious wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:04 am >Got an 8bit do SF30 pro with an 8bit do bluetooth module (got them to pair) but the Mister doesnt recognize it

just upgrade the firmware to the latest version (both brick and sf30) , then insert the brick , push Y+start on the pad (so that the 4 lights slide)

that's it

the only thing, if you hard reset the MiSTer you have to unplug and plug the brick again (at least with me) or it'll sync but it's not gonna work
Yeah - ironically last night i did just that (updated the firmware on both) paired up again but still no luck....going into the controller option and pressing random buttons it doesnt recognize anything....ive got the brick coloured usb dongle but watched a vid on YT showing the user using the grey one (is there a difference?)
ComfySofa

limi wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:51 pm
ComfySofa wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:04 pm Would love to get the Amiga stuff working (ex 4000 owner)
Welcome! The MiSTer makes for an excellent modern A4000 equivalent, especially since RTG was recently added.

The fastest way to get up and running with a great setup for the Amiga is the MegaAGS image, so look for that. The latest version also includes RTG support.
Cheers - ill bear that in mind....gonna start with the simple stuff first....and try and get the thing just working for starters...something happened last night so now it launches random arcade roms...some work some just reset it (the mister).....i spend more time just arsing around with it trying to get stuff working than actually playing stuff..!!!
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

ComfySofa wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:04 pm Hi - Just joined the forum but had my mister for quite a while....never really got to get it working properly as such - for a wide variety of reasons....im not sure to keep on plugging in this thread or start a new thread for each issue but ill list them here.....being married with 3 kids, full time job (never got furloughed!!) ive not really that much time to dedicate to it so i kinda so its a 2 steps forward one step back. As it were...hardware is...

1. Mister
2. RGB Output board
3. Usb board
4. RTC clock
5. 128 Ram board.

Manged to get some of the arcade roms working but not all....got the turbo grafx roms working. Would love to get the Amiga stuff working (ex 4000 owner)

Got an 8bit do SF30 pro with an 8bit do bluetooth module (got them to pair) but the Mister doesnt recognize it....a cabled xbox 360 bluetooth controlller works but cant get that working wirelessly either....

This one is a real pain in the arse....for some weird reason it will only go on the network connected to a dumb unmanged 8 port switch - if i plug it into the main switch that runs the house ( a managed 48 port netgear poe switch it wont pick up a number ) love to find out what that is....

This is the first time ive revisited it in 6 months or so....so im kinda fresh back to it as it were....

Thanks to anyone that chips in...!
1. https://github.com/theypsilon/Update_All_MiSTer - use this if you aren't already, it will logically setup all the arcade files, it will also put the right bios files where necessary.

2. Make sure you have a power adapter splitter that is supplying power to the USB board as well simultaneously as you need more power to use wireless adapters.

3. If neither of those things work for USB bluetooth and wifi recognition, and it's been a while since you revisited, honestly I would reflash your microSD (https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... etup-Guide) and start fresh, that will rule out a lot of problems with older linux side of things.
birdybro~
petarku

Unread post by petarku »

limi wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:51 pm

Hi @limi , where i can find the latest version of megaAGS ? last one i could find on archive is from 29/09 and I am not sure that RTG was out then
ComfySofa

Hi - thanks very much - yes - i did start from scratch. Yep - ive got the dual splitter also. Im running it from a high powered usb charger that can charge ipads etc etc so i reckon itll be good enough....

It seemed to have a funny five mins last night pretty well most roms i tried just forced a reboot of the mister so just formatted again. Cant seem to get ftp working...set a samba password - that doesnt work either....not having much luck at the moment - as per usual...!
ComfySofa

Ok - so got the FTP and Samba access working....i changed the password in the samba config file but it still seems to want to go with the old password....not got SSH working yet either....