SNES_LLAPI problem

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
pseudopod52

SNES_LLAPI problem

Unread post by pseudopod52 »

Hello,
I am running MiSTer FPGA cores on the SD card and games off a USB HDD and have no problems with any of the supported cores.
When I started using SNES_LLAPI core, I can only play the Castlevania game. Tried loading the other games and got black screen.
No such issue with NES_LLAPI or the SMS cores.
At wits end. Please help.

Joe
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: SNES_LLAPI problem

Unread post by lamarax »

Hi and welcome!

LLAPI patched cores are intended to be used with the BlisSTer board along with an adapter cable, for use with OG console controllers. This doesn't of course explain why they'd be giving you a black screen, but if you don't use the BlisSTer, there's no reason for you to switch to those cores instead of the official ones (which btw get updated way ahead of their respective LLAPI fork*, so that might be the reason you're encountering problems launching them).

*...for example, the Mega CD core got updated this past Saturday, while its LLAPI counterpart has yet to catch up with the changes.

[Edit] If you're indeed using the BlisSTer, have you flashed it to 3.24 firmware on both ports?
pseudopod52

Hi,
I am not using BlisSTer but a SNAC with adapter for SNES. I configured within the core SERIAL=SNAC and can play whatever rom the core loads up. When
I try to load another rom then I get black screen as if the core cannot find the roms.
No such problem when I just use the standard SNES core.
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

The official cores do have SNAC in them already so you do not need the LLAPI cores at all!
pseudopod52

Hello grizzly,

Ah! I looked for it too under 'Input' but should have looked under 'Hardware'.
Thanks for your help!