MiSTer with OSSC Benefits?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
ReadyPlayerTwo

MiSTer with OSSC Benefits?

Unread post by ReadyPlayerTwo »

So im using MIster with HDMI on my TV, now TV is a few years old and it takes a couple of 'screen resets' before TV settles on an output mister puts out with its HDMI

Now i have a OSSC for use with other things. Now i could move this across to my mister to go analogue output to ossc then hdmi to tv, but is there any massive benefit to do this??
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Re: MiSTer with OSSC Benefits?

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

Are you using vsync_adjust=2? While this mode has the least lag, it can also cause the signal to drop frequently as you load new games or resolution changes. Try 1 or 0 to see if it reduces the blanking.
ReadyPlayerTwo

I’ve not tried adjusting vsync, I’ll try it now and see how it works
ReadyPlayerTwo

Setting vsync to 1 has made things 90% better, think im going with this for now, thanks
ash2fpga

Unread post by ash2fpga »

When I tried my mister with my ossc, I had issues with never being able to dial in sample/phase. I was not using "optimal timings" (ossc), so I was surprised to have those issues. In particular, I had a lot of trouble with nes and snes. On genesis, I could mostly dial in sample/phase.

I had similar issues hooked up to a lcd monitor via vga (forced_scandoubler turned on). However, once I turned on vga_scaler (and ran at the display's native resolution), the signal was very clean. So I do not think it is an issue with the vga board.