Cheats updated

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
8tpercent

Cheats updated

Unread post by 8tpercent »

Quick bit of cheats info... I noticed that https://gamehacking.org MiSTer files hadn't been updated in a year (via update all script) so let them know.

They've kindly updated them now and will push out weekly updates 👏

/media/fat/Scripts/update.ini

Change:

#Specifies if the cheats will be downloaded/updated from https://gamehacking.org/
#"true" for checking for updates each time, "false" for disabling the function,
#"once" for downloading cheats just once if not on the SD card (no further updating).
UPDATE_CHEATS="once"

To:

#Specifies if the cheats will be downloaded/updated from https://gamehacking.org/
#"true" for checking for updates each time, "false" for disabling the function,
#"once" for downloading cheats just once if not on the SD card (no further updating).
UPDATE_CHEATS="true"

Change:

CHEAT_MAPPINGS="fds:NES gb:GameBoy gbc:GameBoy gen:Genesis gg:SMS nes:NES pce:TGFX16 sms:SMS snes:SNES gba:GBA pcd:TGFX16

To:

CHEAT_MAPPINGS="fds:NES gb:GameBoy gbc:GameBoy gen:Genesis gg:SMS nes:NES pce:TGFX16 sms:SMS snes:SNES gba:GBA pcd:TGFX16 scd:MegaCD"

Cheats will be downloaded here:

/media/fat/cheats

GameBoy
GBA
Genesis
NES
SMS
SNES
TGFX16
MegaCD

Note: cheat name must match rom name and/or CRC to be enabled in cheat menu

Run the update all script.
Mellified

Re: Cheats updated

Unread post by Mellified »

Thanks for the heads up!
Megahurtz

Unread post by Megahurtz »

I added lnx:AtariLynx to the cheat mappings but didn't pull any cheats for the Lynx. Does gamehacking need to package a mister distribution before that will work?
deltax0

Unread post by deltax0 »

Sometimes i like playing some games with cheats on. most of the time as a second play thru. or if i gotta grind for money just to save time.
ThetaX55
MiSTer
4tb external hard drive, blister and io.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

Kind of annoyed since I let them know months ago in their discord and they just ignored me. I also asked them if there was some way I could contribute by updating them, and they ignored me. Ah well, glad you got it done. Thanks!
birdybro~
8tpercent

Unread post by 8tpercent »

Megahurtz wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:14 am I added lnx:AtariLynx to the cheat mappings but didn't pull any cheats for the Lynx. Does gamehacking need to package a mister distribution before that will work?
There's no cheats in their download folder.. I've asked them if they could add. The cheat support needs adding to the core.
retrofan01

Unread post by retrofan01 »

Thanks for the info on cheats. Just to add that adding lnx:AtariLynx to the CHEAT_MAPPINGS line in update.ini, i.e.

CHEAT_MAPPINGS="fds:NES gb:GameBoy gbc:GameBoy gen:Genesis gg:SMS nes:NES pce:TGFX16 sms:SMS snes:SNES gba:GBA pcd:TGFX16 scd:MegaCD lnx:AtariLynx"

Pulls down Lynx cheats which are now supported in the core, although there's not many of them (maybe 20 or so).