Is there some way to change / autochange the background or wallpaper for each single core?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
mathmath

Is there some way to change / autochange the background or wallpaper for each single core?

Unread post by mathmath »

Is there some way to change /autochange the background or wallpaper for each single core?
darksakul

Re: Is there some way to change / autochange the background or wallpaper for each single core?

Unread post by darksakul »

Are you asking how to get a background/wallpaper to load up inside the core?

No you can't set up a .jpg or .png inside a core as a background.

Now for certain cores, you do have sort of a work around. You can set a game rom as the boot rom and have that game auto boot in.
You can do this with the NES, SNES, Genesis, Turbo Grafx, Gameboy/Color, and GBA cores.

Provided unless you want a full game to run in its place, you need a custom/homebrew rom made.

Here a quick break down how to do it in each core.

NES
Rename a game rom as boot1.rom
If you want the Famicom Disk System Bios to load instead, you need the FDS BIOS file renamed boot0.rom and a blank FDS image as boot2.rom.

SNES, Genesis, and Turbo Grafx
Rename a game rom as boot.rom

Gameboy/Color
Rename your game rom as boot2.rom

GBA
Rename your game rom as boot1.rom

The Mega CD, Sega Master System, Colecovision, and Astrocade cores will load in as what ever you chose as the BIOS for that console.

The 486 core can set to load up a splash screen, and the exoflynn top 300 dos pack has a MiSTer Splash screen.
Don't ask me out to set up your own, as I am rusty in DOS auto.bat configurations
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.
darksakul

Re: Is there some way to change / autochange the background or wallpaper for each single core?

I did came up with this for the Gameboy/color core

7f9utUV.png
7f9utUV.png (3.41 KiB) Viewed 4061 times

This was the image I was working on before I import it into a Game Boy Rom.
The color swatches on the bottom was the pallet I was trying to stick too.

vCVD7tM.png
vCVD7tM.png (15.6 KiB) Viewed 4061 times

Here the actual Rom with in the VBA Emulator.

It's just a static image that boots and nothing else, but it provides a "boot slash screen" for the GB Core.
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.
darksakul

Here is the Link to download if anyone wants.
One is without any sounds, just a static image.
V2 is with sound.

https://mega.nz/file/CZhhkKgZ#XEY_1sdbA ... l1EktpIU9Y
uberyoji

Unread post by uberyoji »

Wow. This is a neat trick. I am tempted to create roms for each cores. I think can tackle gb,gba,nes. Other systems I will have to research how to program them.
uberyoji

Unread post by uberyoji »

Updated neogeo core 60hz to latest version. Run update_all with the the custom db set.