MiSTer Core Art (Borders)

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
Captain FPGA

MiSTer Core Art (Borders)

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

How does one get these game-specific borders on the MiSTer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGoMdOqfbs0

Would love to know what the installation process is like. Then again perhaps I am mistaken and this is simply something these uploaders did for their video recording? Shit if I could play the games like this while in HD that would be FIRE.

Quick note: By borders I mean the art going at both the left and right side of the screen.
Dreams don't die!
MiSTer_Kirk

Re: MiSTer Core Art (Borders)

Unread post by MiSTer_Kirk »

That border is done in video editing software, not the Mister.
The Mister is trying to be as close to original hardware as possible, and original hardware didn't use software borders. So, print off a real border, and stick it on your monitor, instant arcade border.
Captain FPGA

Re: MiSTer Core Art (Borders)

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

MiSTer_Kirk wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:17 pm That border is done in video editing software, not the Mister.
The Mister is trying to be as close to original hardware as possible, and original hardware didn't use software borders. So, print off a real border, and stick it on your monitor, instant arcade border.
Ahhh I see, thanks for explaining that one. I really thought for a second that Mister offered the option for borders. :oops: What confused me even more was when I saw the option in the Vectrex core for overlays. That also had me thinking the Mister could use borders. Meh, I'll just assume Vectrex is a special case and move on, I know now real borders can't be done on these cores.
Dreams don't die!