MiSTer Ultimate a good place to buy MiSTer products?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
Captain FPGA

MiSTer Ultimate a good place to buy MiSTer products?

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

https://ultimatemister.com/

Ordered from here recently by accident thinking it was misteraddons. My fault, I was in a rush when I visited there (although something tells me the website has a good reputation) I'd like to get others thoughts on it.
Dreams don't die!
Insert Disk Two

Re: MiSTer Ultimate a good place to buy MiSTer products?

Unread post by Insert Disk Two »

Sure thing. Ultimate Mister is awesome :)
relax

Unread post by relax »

Got mine from there, im in the US, it got held in customs for maby a week, which isnt bad considering stories ive read (about customs in the US) lol, but was very happy when i got my setup, i already had the main board for mister, so i got everything else with the stormtrooper case - which he just received during my order process. i think the guy is a great guy to do business with and the soldering seems good, and ive had no issues, with the extra boards and the memory module so far, been a few months. so i can recommend.
Michael1260

Unread post by Michael1260 »

Yes, nice reseller, don't worry :-)
tinblue

Unread post by tinblue »

Yes, I bought mine here. I'm in the UK, no issues with customs. No import charges. Good communication and you get access to a VIP Facebook group with access to support and resources.
Captain FPGA

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

relax wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:45 pm Got mine from there, im in the US, it got held in customs for maby a week, which isnt bad considering stories ive read (about customs in the US) lol, but was very happy when i got my setup, i already had the main board for mister, so i got everything else with the stormtrooper case - which he just received during my order process. i think the guy is a great guy to do business with and the soldering seems good, and ive had no issues, with the extra boards and the memory module so far, been a few months. so i can recommend.
Excellent thanks you guys! I just ordered some SNES Bliss cables from there. I also made the mistake of buying it without making an account first. (I couldn't find the option at first - I would then locate it and make an account after the transaction) I'm sure it's fine, ordered through paypal so am covered either way.

Good to know this is one of the recommended websites!

Btw a couple of my Mister packages were held up in customs at Mister co uk that was brutal yo! I waited like a month and two weeks for my stuff to arrive. Again not his fault these US customs are batty!
Dreams don't die!
TrejoPhD

Unread post by TrejoPhD »

Wonderful seller.

I had to move due to COVID and he was able to change my address on short notice and get me my package with no problems.

Ships from EU, so took a bit to get to me in US, but have loved the product ever since!
Stupid Dufus

Unread post by Stupid Dufus »

There's also a thread full of feedback and interactions with the seller: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30
ElMariachi003

Unread post by ElMariachi003 »

FWIW, I purchased everything (except the DE-10 Nano itself) from Ultimate Mister last year, including a Blisster (I FINALLY got the Nano a few weeks ago). The original delivery of parts was great, and everything went together well when I finally built it.

Only issue I’ve had is with the unit shutting down when fully enclosed in the case, but I seem to be an outlier case, and the issue may be as simple as reversing airflow on the fan on the IO board; not going to blame the vendor for that. She’s running fine “naked” for now until I flip the fan.

UPDATE: Just want to update regarding the issue I had above; the owner of Ultimate MISTer DM'd me by way of another thread I had started here about the issue I have. My troubleshooting led to the top panel as being suspect. That being the case (no pun intended), he has offered to send me a replacement Top case plate as a component on it may be defective. That's top-notch support in my book, so I would not hesitate to order from him again should I get the itch for another MiSTer. :D

UPDATE #2: Just got my replacement Ultimate MiSTer Top plate in the mail today. Installed it and have had it running continuously for about an hour now. So far so good. I'll probably keep it on for the better part of the evening just to make sure all is good (ran 4 hours total); again, a big shout out/Thank you to RickDangerous of Ultimate MiSTer for reaching out and sending me the replacement plate! This further instills my confidence and trust in ordering from him again if I need to.