Neo Geo MVS shockboxes better for protecting your carts than the normal boxes?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
Captain FPGA

Neo Geo MVS shockboxes better for protecting your carts than the normal boxes?

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

I always assumed the MVS custom shockboxes was just for show. However recent events made me take a closer look at these, now I'm wondering if they provide an extra layer of protection from dust and whatnot than the boxes these MVS games came in.
Dreams don't die!
wodmarach

Re: Neo Geo MVS shockboxes better for protecting your carts than the normal boxes?

Unread post by wodmarach »

Oh anything is better than the cardboard an MVS ships in even an anti-static bag is better. BUT the original boxes are just as collectable as the carts themselves especially is the serials match.
BlackSpy

Re: Neo Geo MVS shockboxes better for protecting your carts than the normal boxes?

Unread post by BlackSpy »

The shockboxes are good protection.

I have about a dozen of Big Bear's original run from about 2003 or something. They have a really tight fight and are certainly dust proof. I'd think you could submerge them in water briefly without even worrying about it. But I wouldn't try.

I have a good collection of kits, but keep my most played games in shock boxes as they keep them games more accessible and means I'm not rooting through stickers and what have you to get to the carts all the time.