MiSTerFPGA Online Netplay

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
evidencedj

MiSTerFPGA Online Netplay

Unread post by evidencedj »

Hi @all,

FYI, this is not a feature request or anything like that. I just wanted to know what the community thinks about online netplay with the MiSTerFPGA. I personally find this a great enrichment for casual gaming sessions with friends and acquaintances. It would also be fantastic in stream. In addition to that, the DE10 offers the necessary hardware with its LAN port and Wifi support.

Especially in times with COVID this would be a great alternative to play worthwhile multiplayer games like Secret of Mana, Street Fighter 2, (insert your favorite multiplayer game here) online with friends.

I am not a (FPGA) developer, so I cannot implement this. I'm only interested in the actual interest of the possible feature.
Maybe someone can add some information on this topic.

Best regards
KremlingKuthroat19

Re: MiSTerFPGA Online Netplay

Unread post by KremlingKuthroat19 »

I second your post. I agree that netplay would be incredible in FPGA. The MiSTer community continues to grow and netplay would be an amazing feature. I'm looking forward to the day when we have Saturn and PS1 cores bc the PS1 supports 8 players and the Saturn supports 12 players.

A 10 player Saturn Bomberman session would be sublime. There's no way I'm going to be able to convince 9 other people to come to my house to play games with me. I have no idea of the feasibility, but I think it's a great idea.